Tapi line initialization slow on 7 but not XP RRS feed

• Question

• When using an an Amcom application, or when using the Tapi Browser (tb20.exe) on Windows 7, the line initialization takes about 2 minutes. On XP machines it only takes a couple of seconds. I have tried making the telephony service start automatically but it doesn't help at all.

Is there anything that can be done to speed up the initialization on Windows 7 machines?

Friday, January 6, 2012 2:56 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

I suggest you try the compatibility mode for a test:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Make-older-programs-run-in-this-version-of-Windows

To make the application work properly, we need also ensure that it can support Windows 7.

Alex Zhao

TechNet Subscriber Support

If you are TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedback here.

Alex Zhao

TechNet Community Support

Monday, January 9, 2012 6:31 AM
  • Hi,

I am just writing to check the status of this thread. Was the information provided in previous reply helpful to you? Do you have any further questions or concerns? Please feel free to let us know.

Regards,

Alex Zhao

If you are TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedback here.

Alex Zhao

Monday, January 16, 2012 12:56 AM
  • I had already tried different combinations of compatibility but it doesn't make any difference. The application is supposed to be compatible with Windows 7.
    Monday, January 16, 2012 2:19 PM
  • Hi,

I would like to suggest you check your software in Windows 7 compatibility center:

Windows 7 Compatibility: Software Programs & Hardware Devices: Find Updates, Drivers, & Downloads

If it is compatible with Windows 7, we could test in Clean Boot mode to see how it works, this would eliminate the software conflicts.

Meanwhile, since this is related to the specific program performance, it is also recommended to contact the Amcom for help:

Amcom - Contact List and Office Locations

Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Alex Zhao

Alex Zhao

• Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Friday, February 3, 2012 8:00 AM
    Tuesday, January 17, 2012 5:27 AM
  • Hi,

As this thread has been quiet for a while, we assume that the issue has been resolved. At this time, we will mark it as ‘Answered’ as the previous steps should be helpful for many similar scenarios. If the issue still persists, please feel free to reply this post directly so we will be notified to follow it up. You can also choose to unmark the answer as you wish.

BTW, we’d love to hear your feedback about the solution. By sharing your experience you can help other community members facing similar problems. Thanks for your understanding and efforts.

Regards,

Alex Zhao

Alex Zhao

Friday, February 3, 2012 8:00 AM