Windows 7 Faster then light weight application!? RRS feed

• General discussion

• Plot:
    Windows Seven runs massively better then other Windows versions and mostly it is running faster then most installed applications.

Story:
    I have been arguing in the past about Windows and had allot problems with Windows Vista. After some deeply discussions with friends about Windows 7 I told them I will take the bullet and give Windows 7 a try.

After deploying Windows on my computer, first thing I noticed all drivers were installed and working properly according to Windows. So I was surprisingly confused about Windows 7 and his support for drivers. After trying few things with my tools for driver updating (Asus Driver Updater etc.) it was saying the system was running stable. And I headed on to the video card drivers installed the 64bit driver from Nvidia.com and run the hardware compability test after reboot.

After installing Steam/Last.FM scrobbler I noticed Windows was running faster then these two applications.

Then I was loading series of applications such as Grabbit (Usenet) and FTDv8.5 I noticed again that Windows runs faster then the application...
    Even when massively loading applications in to Windows and pushing up my hardware (non-overclocked) it even ran smoothly.

Even with iTunes I noticed great difference from XP/Vista,

I have approximately 15.000/16.000 songs, and it is asking for troubles when importing them ALL in your library at once!
    After I did it for fun, it just continued smoothly and even going to other windows it did not froze or crashed himself for importing my songs.
    -----

My System Hardware:
    Mainboard: Asus Rampage Extreme II - s1366
    Processor: Intel® Core™ i7 920
    Memory: OCZ 4 GB DDR3-1333 kit
    Video Card:
    Asus ENGTS250 DK/HTDI

-----
    Did you guys had such experience yet?

I'm willing to admit that I may not always be right, but I am never wrong.
    Monday, July 20, 2009 7:39 AM