none
"Sorry, there was a problem with your last request" error when posting a new Wiki article RRS feed

• Question

• I have noticed since last Wednesday that, when creating a new WIKI article, it happens that I receive the error message below:

I posted four (4) Wiki articles and the error appeared for two of them. Even if the error message is displayed, the Wiki article is properly created.

I noticed that, on my profile, it shows that I have posted only 8 Wiki articles in total while I already did 10 for the moment (Only the 2 Wiki articles with which I faced the error message are not considered as posted by me in my profile). It seems that the error message is displayed when trying to update my profile and not when posting the article.

Also, the page takes time to finish loading before that the error message appears.

I hope that this helps to fix the Bug in the system.

• Edited by Mr XMVP Sunday, October 20, 2013 8:10 PM
    Sunday, October 20, 2013 8:07 PM

Answers

• Yes, this is unfortunately a common scenario in Wiki and developers still trying to find a solution.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

My TechNet articles

Sunday, October 20, 2013 8:31 PM
  • I have experienced similar errors many times. Often the activity does not show up in my profile (activities or statistics). These are performance problems we have escalated with the developers. You may have noticed several test articles in the Wiki where I believe they are attempting to duplicate the problems and trace the source or bottleneck.

Sometimes there is a hang up and the Wiki activities later show up in our profiles. But I believe they do not when we get the error screen. However, there is still a chance, because I believe the meta data behind the system most likely got updated. For example, at this moment your profile shows your last Wiki activity was 6 hours ago. The Wiki main page also shows nothing by you recently. There is no indication that you created the article on Logon/Logoff scripts to track computer usage. But I found it by clicking on "more featured articles" and selecting the "New Pages" tab. In fact, I updated the article (minor edits) when I found it. This article does not show up in your profile activity.

On another matter, could this article (and perhaps some of your others) be included in the Wiki Guru contest for Windows Server? There is a sticky thread in the Windows Server General and Directory Services forums about this. I'd like to see submissions in this category.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

• Marked as answer by Mr XMVP Wednesday, October 23, 2013 8:43 AM
    Sunday, October 20, 2013 10:04 PM

All replies