none
SmartScreen filter yellow warning RRS feed

• Question

•  Hi everyone,

I've noticed SmartScreen yellow warning (Are you trying to visit this web site?) on my new web page veneraart.com a week ago. I am legitime owner of the web but I haven't recieved any statement from Microsoft why is this happening or how to fix it. I reported the site many times as safe but nothing changed. Possibility of further reporting for web site owner (More information button) is not active (probably only in case of red warning). I had 30 min phone call with Microsoft support (CZE) where I was told that there is nothing they can do about this (???) and they refered me to this forum. I actually found here several topics describing the same problem but I didn't manage to find any satisfying answer how to fix it. Do you have any ideas how to fix the problem? I'm starting to be really frustrated because I'm solving it fifth day in a row with no result.

Monday, September 19, 2016 9:15 AM

All replies

• Tuesday, September 20, 2016 12:09 AM
  • Thank you for the response. I have to admit that I don't know much about web site development - that's why I've chosen Wix. So I actually don't know what to search for in whoise records, could you be please more specific?
    Tuesday, September 20, 2016 8:33 AM
  • Hi,

To minimize false warnings or incorrectly blocked sites, Smart Screen Filter only blocks sites that have been verified as phishing sites or sites containing malicious software. SmartScreen Filter also offers a web-based feedback system to help customers and website owners report potential errors. These reports are verified by reviewers and false warnings are corrected quickly.

You can immediately submit a request for a correction. SmartScreen Filter provides a web-based feedback system for customers and website owners to report potential false warnings or blocks as quickly as possible. From a red warning, click Report that this site does not contain threats. This will take you to a feedback page where you can indicate you are a site owner or representative. Follow the instructions and provide the information to submit a website for review.

Refer the below links for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/use-smartscreen-filter#ie=ie-11

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 20, 2016 9:56 AM
  • Thanks for the response but this approach is just a dream which doesn't work in reality because I have yellow warning and there is no possibility (More information button) to submit owner's form - this should be possible in case of red warning. I have just possibility to mark the site through the SmartScreen form as safe which I did about hundred times and nothing changed.
    Tuesday, September 20, 2016 11:52 AM
  • Hi,

your whois shows several aliases and IP addresses.

canonical name wix-dispatch-1928691169.us-east-1.elb.amazonaws.com.
    aliases www.veneraart.com
    www26.wixdns.net
    username.aws.wix.com
    addresses 54.83.179.144

you need to contact your hosting provider (wix) and have them configure one IP address for the one domain which may have a number of aliases (of the same domain).

To bypass the 'yellow' warning, just click the close (X) button on the warning popup... the next time you visit the site, the yellow warning will not appear, but an exclamation mark will appear next to the entered web address in the IE address bar (clicking it will redisplay the yelllow warning again.) But of coarse any visitors (who happen to come apon your free wix website) will also see the same yellow warning and will most probably bounce the site.

Rob^_^

Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 and Internet Explorer 11 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions. If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us
    Wednesday, September 21, 2016 12:02 AM
  • hi guys,

thanks all of you for responses and for willingness to help. However problem persists. Wix support claims it is the problem of Microsoft, Microsoft support claims that there is nothing they can do about it till the algorithm finds the site as safe (and the algorithm evaluates the safety randomly or what? ). I wonder how is this even possible! Imagine that anybody (maybe your competitor) can without any justification report your web site as unsafe and then there is nobody able to turn it back and you as a legitimate site owner has no official information why is this happening or how to fix it.  That’s absolutely ridiculous! And I’m not talking about the credibility of the business presented on the site which may be harmed really hard. I’m really strongly disappointed by passivity of Wix (last advice was that whoise records has nothing to do with the problem and that I should just turn the SmartScreen off) and Microsoft support. So if you have ideas, please keep posting, I will meanwhile bother both supports till the problem is solved. I will let you know once I have more information.

Wednesday, September 21, 2016 10:46 AM
  • It's not my website - I have just one web. I was also thinking in a similar way that if (for example) was a problem in the past with a site with similar name then my site was automatically added on the black list. However I've noticed some improvement in the communication with Microsoft. Today I had another phone call so I strongly hope that things are moving forward.
    Wednesday, September 21, 2016 5:41 PM
  • If you check the content properly you will see that both sites are focused on something different. However, back to the original problem. It seems to be solved. It was removed after another call with Microsoft where I had luck for more experienced person on support. Nevertheless, I still don't know the reason why the whole situation emerged. So, my only advice I can give to somebody with similar problem is : Keep communicating with Microsoft support till it's solved.
    Thursday, September 22, 2016 8:00 AM
  • Hi.

From security options of Internet Explorer add your website to safe list. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Sincerely!

Khalid Garayev

* Please don't forget to mark as answer or Vote if it helps!

Thursday, September 22, 2016 8:09 AM