none
HTML Form Webpart - Object doesn't support property or method 'showModalDialog'

Question

• I have added HTML Form WebPart to page but Edit Source is not working.

javascript console shows:

Object doesn't support property or method 'showModalDialog'

ctp.js (1,2011)

thanks

Friday, September 9, 2016 4:54 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

As your description, I did a testing on my SharePoint Online environment, however, it worked well.

If you want to edit the source of the web part, please try to edit the web part and click "Source Editor..." .

Please check if this issue occurs for all pages. And also create a new page, and add a HTML Form Web part and test again.

Thanks,

Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, September 13, 2016 6:54 AM
  • Hi,

I am checking to see how things are going there on this issue.

Thanks,

Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, September 16, 2016 9:52 AM
  • Now it works in IE 11

But not in Google CHROME

this is console log:

shell.js:2 Uncaught ReferenceError: g_PJPrefetch is not defined
    ctp.js:1 Uncaught TypeError: window.showModalDialog is not a function

Saturday, September 24, 2016 10:24 AM
  • Hi,

By default, Microsoft encourages using IE 32-bit browser for SharePoint.

If you want to use Chrome for SharePoint, to make it work well, you can use IE tab in Chrome, then you can display web page using IE  in Chrome.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ie-tab/hehijbfgiekmjfkfjpbkbammjbdenadd?hl=en

Thanks,

Wendy

Monday, September 26, 2016 1:56 AM