Hard drive partition RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Dell Inspirion 1764.  The hard drive is factory partitioned.  The file system is NTSF.  "C" drive, which holds the Windows 7 OS, is 60 meg, loaded to about 58 meg, and drive "D" is approximately 400 meg and is practically empty.  I tried to increase the C drive partition at the command prompt with no success.  

Should I be trying to increase the C drive or decrease the D drive.  If I do decrease the D drive will the C drive automatically increase?  

Sunday, October 30, 2011 9:44 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You cannot increase system driver on Windows 7.

You can just decrease system driver and increase it to other driver. But you cannot decrease other driver then increase system driver.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Leo Huang Tuesday, November 8, 2011 12:55 AM
    Tuesday, November 1, 2011 2:10 AM

All replies

• What program are you using to perform the partition, and it this software used within windows or from a command prompt at boot?

Also, try http://www.thetechgroup.com.au/forum/1/, it worked for me!
    Monday, October 31, 2011 5:00 AM
  • Hi,

You cannot increase system driver on Windows 7.

You can just decrease system driver and increase it to other driver. But you cannot decrease other driver then increase system driver.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Leo Huang Tuesday, November 8, 2011 12:55 AM
    Tuesday, November 1, 2011 2:10 AM