Can I install SCCM 2012 Central Administration Site and Primary Site on the same Server? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Gentlemen,

I have a question about SCCM 2012 sites,

Can I install SCCM 2012 Central Administration Site and Primary Site on the same Server?

If not, can I install the Primary Site only without Central Administration Site?

Many Thanks

Thursday, June 7, 2012 2:50 PM

Answers

All replies

• If you're looking to install the CAS and the Primary on the same box...then it sounds like you're not worried about scaling issues (like you're not managing 100,000 clients) which would tell me you do not really need a CAS.

So since you absolutely can install a Primary Site only without a CAS that is absolutely the route I'd advise you to take...  Do not use a CAS, just use a single Primary.

Unless you have some compelling reason why you believe you need a CAS...but like I've said, unless you've got more than 100k clients..you likely don't need one.

Mike...

Thursday, June 7, 2012 4:10 PM
  • Oh, btw, I think the answer to your first question is no you cannot...they have to be on separate boxes.  But like I've said, my real feeling is that you don't need one...

Mike...

Thursday, June 7, 2012 4:13 PM
  • Hey Khaled,

As Mike mentioned, the primary site and the CAS cannot be on the same server.

Thanks,

Moiz

Thursday, June 7, 2012 4:51 PM
  • Thank you "Mike" for your valuable information.
    Saturday, June 9, 2012 1:52 PM
  • Thank you "Moiz" for your comment.
    Saturday, June 9, 2012 1:53 PM