Mitel 3300 and Lync Move RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We have a mitel PBX system and a mitel 3300 sip device, our administrator that typically does moved from the mitel system to the new lync system is out of the office for an extended period of time and we need to move a user from the mitel system to the lync system.  We have added the user to the lync console and internal calls are working, however the external calls are not working.  Can someone advise me on what needs to be done to move a user from the mitel system to lync in regards to external calling?  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks!

Wednesday, September 16, 2015 4:42 PM

Answers

• Hi Kyle there are a few different ways to do this.

http://blog.insidelync.com/2014/04/configuring-simultaneous-ring-with-mitel-communications-director-mcd-and-microsoft-lync-server-2013/

1. As per the article i wrote about simring your mitel phone to Lync you can setup a an personal ring group on the mitel set to send the call to Lync
    2. You can create an ARS digit dialed for the external number coming in if its a DID and the route will be the SIP trunk to Lync. My understand is when the call comes in it looks at the ARS digits dialed table first and routes the call.
    3. I also believe you can create a system speed call that routes to a 4 digit extension that is in the ARS table that routes to Lync.

In either scenario you may have to do some translations once it gets to Lync.

Habib

• Proposed as answer by Anthony CaragolMVP Thursday, September 17, 2015 3:20 PM
    • Marked as answer by Eason Huang Wednesday, October 7, 2015 11:58 AM
    Thursday, September 17, 2015 1:44 PM

All replies

• You'll need to ensure the user is enabled for enterprise voice in Lync, has the same dial plan, and voice policy.  This is all done from the user's section of the Lync Control Panel.  If that's all done and calls aren't completing, then the Mitel may be rejecting the calls in which case you'll need support on that end.  You can confirm it's Mitel and not the account itself by swapping phone numbers temporarily with a known working account.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications

This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Wednesday, September 16, 2015 5:01 PM
  • The user is enabled for Enterprise Voice and has all the proper policy's.  My question is what needs to be done on the mitel side to tell it to route to the lync system now?  Am i overthinking this?
    Wednesday, September 16, 2015 5:08 PM
  • Oh, you're not overthinking it, you're just not on the right forum.  :)  You'll want to find a Mitel forum as we're mostly Lync/Skype side guys here.  Here's a document that may help you dig through the settings a bit to see if you can reverse engineer it however:

http://blog.insidelync.com/2014/03/direct-sip-integration-between-mitel-communications-director-mcd-and-microsoft-lync-server-2013/

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications

This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Wednesday, September 16, 2015 5:54 PM
  • Hi,

On PBX side, you may need to set the inbound and outbound trunk to route calls to Lync Server side.

For more details about Mitel 3300 you may need to contact Mitel engineer and they will provide more suggestion about Mitel 3300 for you. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Eason Huang
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, September 17, 2015 6:31 AM
  • Hi Kyle there are a few different ways to do this.

http://blog.insidelync.com/2014/04/configuring-simultaneous-ring-with-mitel-communications-director-mcd-and-microsoft-lync-server-2013/

1. As per the article i wrote about simring your mitel phone to Lync you can setup a an personal ring group on the mitel set to send the call to Lync
    2. You can create an ARS digit dialed for the external number coming in if its a DID and the route will be the SIP trunk to Lync. My understand is when the call comes in it looks at the ARS digits dialed table first and routes the call.
    3. I also believe you can create a system speed call that routes to a 4 digit extension that is in the ARS table that routes to Lync.

In either scenario you may have to do some translations once it gets to Lync.

Habib

• Proposed as answer by Anthony CaragolMVP Thursday, September 17, 2015 3:20 PM
    • Marked as answer by Eason Huang Wednesday, October 7, 2015 11:58 AM
    Thursday, September 17, 2015 1:44 PM