Approval WorkFlow Purchase Requisition RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

I have an approval workflow having 5 approvers on a custom list "Purchase Requests"

Requestor --> Requestor Manager --> Purchase Manager --> CFO --> President

I am stuck at a place that I need "Purchase Manager" to enter the price of the Item in list associated.

Also based on that price I need the workflow to get approval from CFO and President.

Problem is : How can I capture the Price of Item requested from the Purchase Manager in the third step only.

The price can be should only entered by Purchase Manager ( I dont know how to do that in approval workflow)

Also based on that price how can I carry forward or complete the workflow...???

Help Needed, thanks...

Sunday, June 17, 2012 1:18 PM

Answers

• Hi Scorpion,

For this issue, you can set a workflow variable to store the price by using the “Set Workflow Variable” action, then you use it in the anywhere of the workflow. Based on the workflow variable, you can add any action which you want to achieve your left requirement.

From the workflow, you cannot achieve to enter the price by a specific people, but you can use custom a SPItemEventReceiver, add code to the ItemUpdating Event Handler to check whether the Modified By column is equal to Purchase Manager, if not, cancel the event.

Here is an article about “SPItemEventReceiver. ItemUpdating” method:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/microsoft.sharepoint.spitemeventreceiver.itemupdating.aspx

Best Regards.

Qiao Wei

TechNet Community Support

Monday, June 18, 2012 8:05 AM

All replies

• Hi Scorpion,

For this issue, you can set a workflow variable to store the price by using the “Set Workflow Variable” action, then you use it in the anywhere of the workflow. Based on the workflow variable, you can add any action which you want to achieve your left requirement.

From the workflow, you cannot achieve to enter the price by a specific people, but you can use custom a SPItemEventReceiver, add code to the ItemUpdating Event Handler to check whether the Modified By column is equal to Purchase Manager, if not, cancel the event.

Here is an article about “SPItemEventReceiver. ItemUpdating” method:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/microsoft.sharepoint.spitemeventreceiver.itemupdating.aspx

Best Regards.

Qiao Wei

TechNet Community Support

Monday, June 18, 2012 8:05 AM
  • Alright Qiao Wei,

I will give it a try...

thanks...

Monday, June 18, 2012 11:21 AM