Sending DTMF while Eary Media phase (before call is connected) RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all,

Is there a way to enable sending DTMF from Lync 2013/SfB 2015/2016 client while the call gets an early media stream but has not been connected?

More and more Premium rate numbers sends an announcement with IVR instead of the ringback tone, to allow the choice before the call is connected and charged. The Lync/SfB Client do not show the DTMF buttons as long the call is not connected (OK to INVITE received).

Best Regards,

Stephan

Wednesday, September 28, 2016 7:59 AM

Answers

• Not natively, if Skype doesn't think the call is connected, it's not possible.  If it is possible, you'll need to use a session border controller to alter or insert a message so that Skype believes the call is connected.  I've been forced to alter SIP TRYING events for similar reasons, but not quite this.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote" on the left side of the response, and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, SWC, their employees, or other MVPs.

• Proposed as answer by Liinus Thursday, September 29, 2016 5:35 AM
    • Marked as answer by Greysi Tuesday, October 4, 2016 10:15 AM
    Wednesday, September 28, 2016 3:22 PM

All replies

• Not natively, if Skype doesn't think the call is connected, it's not possible.  If it is possible, you'll need to use a session border controller to alter or insert a message so that Skype believes the call is connected.  I've been forced to alter SIP TRYING events for similar reasons, but not quite this.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote" on the left side of the response, and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, SWC, their employees, or other MVPs.

• Proposed as answer by Liinus Thursday, September 29, 2016 5:35 AM
    • Marked as answer by Greysi Tuesday, October 4, 2016 10:15 AM
    Wednesday, September 28, 2016 3:22 PM
  • Hi Akampa

Thanks for answer.

Best Regards,

Stephan

Tuesday, October 4, 2016 10:15 AM