Move SMTP address from one mailbox to another RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,  I have searched high and low for a solution to this problem and I can't find an answer.  I would've thought it was a common situation, but apparently not. 

Anyway, background info first.  I'm using Server 2003 SBS with Exchange 2003.  We have customer service emails such as info@domain.com and support@domain.com.  Currently they are assigned to one user under active directory in the email addresses tab where they have simply been added as additional smtp addresses.  However, I have now set up a public folder for all the customer service emails to go into so that different users can access and deal with emails so that it is not all on one person.  I have assigned this public folder an address of customerservice@domain.com.  So how do I move those info and support address to go to the public folder?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 
    Thanks
    Wednesday, April 8, 2009 8:13 AM

Answers

• Hi,

if you took the adresses manually to the users you can delete them there (be careful, euach user must have a valid standard reply address), wait 2 hours or reboot the System Attend-Service and put the smtp-adress to the public folder.

You know that public folders officially are supportet only to 2014?
    Viele Grüße Walter Steinsdorfer MVP Exchange Server http://msmvps.org/blogs/wstein
    • Marked as answer by Allen Song Monday, April 13, 2009 8:44 AM
    Wednesday, April 8, 2009 10:31 AM

All replies

• Hi,

if you took the adresses manually to the users you can delete them there (be careful, euach user must have a valid standard reply address), wait 2 hours or reboot the System Attend-Service and put the smtp-adress to the public folder.

You know that public folders officially are supportet only to 2014?
    Viele Grüße Walter Steinsdorfer MVP Exchange Server http://msmvps.org/blogs/wstein
    • Marked as answer by Allen Song Monday, April 13, 2009 8:44 AM
    Wednesday, April 8, 2009 10:31 AM
  • Thank you very much.  I knew I was missing something obvious.  I completely forgot about restarting services.

Thanks again.
    Wednesday, April 8, 2009 2:33 PM