Any problem installing the client on a fileserver? RRS feed

• Question

• We already have FCS on all of our workstations, I'd like to use it to protect our servers too.

I'd like to first install it on a 2008R2 fileserver we have, which has 16 terabytes of space on it. Are there any issues with this, or does anyone know of a 'best practice' guide?

I'd imagine that a full scan on 16tbs would probably take a really long time, and I guess that any time someone reads or writes to any files on the server, ForeFront is going to scan them, will this slow things down?

I considered loading it on, just to protect the main drive containing the operating system, and set it to 'Exclude' the partitions that actually host files.

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!

Thursday, June 23, 2011 2:28 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for the post.

Forefront Client Security (FCS) v1.0 is fully supported on Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2. In this case, I suggest you could take the time to check the following KB article, which may help you more on the best practice of FCS.

Recommended file and folder exclusions for Microsoft Forefront Client Security or Forefront Endpoint Protection 2010

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943556

Hope this helps.

Miles

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Proposed as answer by Bechir Gharbi Friday, June 24, 2011 4:04 PM
    • Marked as answer by Miles Zhang Wednesday, June 29, 2011 2:33 AM
    Friday, June 24, 2011 3:49 AM