Windows Server 2012 R2 to constantly loses network connection RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!

I apologize for my bad English.

I recently installed Windows Server 2012 R2 with SQL Server 2014. In it, an ERP was installed. Windows is on a machine with XenServer.

However, constantly lose connection with Windows. Users are using the system normally and then suddenly lose connection.

I try to ping from my client station and fails. After some time (between 1 and 3 minutes) the connection back to normal.

I was using bond on the NIC, but removed and left a unique card for that network.

This server has IP 192.168.95.3/24. The AD server has IP 192.168.95.2/24. Clients are in a 192.168.10.0/24 network. I use an HP 1910-48G switch with VLANs. The port where the server "95.3" is connected is a trunk with all the VLANs.

When I lose the client connection to the server, do not lose to the AD server. The AD server is installed on the same XenServer. And I can ping between 95.2 and 95.3 (but I imagine that is due to be in the same Xen server).

When I lose the connection to the server, access it physically (via XenCenter) and he does not ping toexternal addresses (microsoft.com) nor internal (192.168.10.3), only for the 192.168.95.2.

I've tried many options but could not solve. At times the connection drops every 20 minutes (often comes almost be exact). At other times the connection drops hourly.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Right now, I am grateful for your attention.

Att.,
    Rafael.

Monday, February 1, 2016 11:10 PM

Answers

• First, make sure that your server drivers, BIOS and firmware are up-to-date - Also, make sure that your Windows is-up-to-date. In addition, try to temporary uninstall/disable any security software running on the client / server and see if that helps. For any equipment in between (Firewall or network devices), please enable logging to see if traffic is getting dropped by the device. 

As you are using XenServer for the virtualization, I would recommend asking them in CITRIX forums as they should be more familiar with the product.

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Ahmed MALEK

My Website Link

My Linkedin Profile

My MVP Profile

Monday, February 1, 2016 11:50 PM

All replies

• First, make sure that your server drivers, BIOS and firmware are up-to-date - Also, make sure that your Windows is-up-to-date. In addition, try to temporary uninstall/disable any security software running on the client / server and see if that helps. For any equipment in between (Firewall or network devices), please enable logging to see if traffic is getting dropped by the device. 

As you are using XenServer for the virtualization, I would recommend asking them in CITRIX forums as they should be more familiar with the product.

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Ahmed MALEK

My Website Link

My Linkedin Profile

My MVP Profile

Monday, February 1, 2016 11:50 PM
  • Hi,

Is there any update about this problem?

If you have any more question/concern, please reply to me, and provide more information if possible.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, February 4, 2016 5:02 AM