Window 10 Microsft Edge open load 3 Sec auto Close RRS feed

• Question

• I have a problem with Window 10 Microsoft Edge , most or our staff login to their profile is using our Window 2012 R2 server .get the profile and data from Server .. now i have 1 issue is ,i got 1 users when he open Microsoft edge no yet 3 sec Edge will auto close it ..i tired to try all solution to fix .but fail . and i already try to login no profile .using administrator to test its work ! no issue ..can you tell me how to fix this users open edge auto close ?
    Tuesday, January 19, 2016 3:40 AM

All replies

• Can you delete the profile and ask user to login again ? 

Arnav Sharma | http://arnavsharma.net/ Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Proposed as answer by arnavsharma Sunday, January 24, 2016 10:23 PM
    Tuesday, January 19, 2016 4:54 AM
  • we have 3 users got this issue now .. 

i just view eventlog :

Activation of app Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe!MicrosoftEdge failed with error: The remote procedure call failed. See the Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI/Operational log for additional information.

Tuesday, January 19, 2016 7:36 AM
    Tuesday, January 19, 2016 7:45 AM
  • Hi,

As Eric G-S pointed out, Microsoft Edge won`t work well with the roaming profile.
    We could try the workaround to pin the "roaming profile" shared folder to "quick access" bar to have a test.
    We have submitted the feedback on our side, you could use the built-in "Feedback" tool to submit this case on your side. I hope it could be resolved in the near future.
    At present, we may need to disable the roaming profile temporarily to use Microsoft Edge.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 20, 2016 7:45 AM
  • Edge and apps that use it do not function in a roaming environment after upgrade 10586.63. It doesn't work, plain and simple. Microsoft has been fully aware of this bug (incompatibility is a better word) since the November release. Being the gigantic FU that it is, Microsoft isn't talking, as you can imagine. That's my take.
    Monday, January 25, 2016 6:53 PM
  • Hi,

How about the issue, is there anything to update?

If the issue has been resolved by yourself, it would be much appreciated if you would share the troubleshoot experience here and mark the case. It would be much useful for the person who will come across the similar issue in the future.

If the issue was resolved by the replies in this thread, please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, February 4, 2016 7:15 AM
  • The issue is not fixed yet. It's getting very annoying that nearly 3 months since it started MSFT hasn't fixed this fundamental issue with their OS. I have users screaming for their Surface 4's, which we cannot provide because the OS is unusable. I can do small scale workarounds as specified in the linked thread, but a proper rollout is impossible.

MSFT is really pushing adoption of Windows 10, so I can't understand why they won't fix something that is making their name mud amongst Enterprise users.

Thursday, February 4, 2016 8:10 AM