none
Get MA Run Statistics including Object Details RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Experts,

Is there a way to pull last run details of an MA with counters and Object details?

I did tried LithNetMIISAutomation and WMI interface.

Seems like there is no interface to pull out the object details of the last run except the Sync Manager Console.

Is there any programmatic way of pulling it?

Thanks,

Siva

Thanks and Regards, Siva Kumar Balaguru

Friday, June 7, 2019 11:09 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You certainly can get this information using WMI. Example:

$MAs = @(get-wmiobject -class "MIIS_ManagementAgent" -namespace "root\MicrosoftIdentityIntegrationServer" -computername $params_ComputerName)

$MA = MA[0]     #You'll need to fetch desired MA here

Now you can try e.g.:

Import Add  $MA.NumImportAdd().ReturnValue
    Import Updates $MA.NumImportUpdate().ReturnValue
    Import Deletes  $MA.NumImportDelete().ReturnValue
    Export Updates $MA.NumExportUpdate().ReturnValue
    Export Deletes $MA.NumExportDelete().ReturnValue

There may be a way using LithNet MIIS Automation too.

Br,

Leo

Did my post help? Please use "Mark as answer" or "Propose as answer". Thank you!

Friday, June 7, 2019 12:03 PM
  • Leo,

This gets the Counters. We can get this by LithNetMIISAutomation too.

I would need to get the Object Details as well, like how it is shown as hyperlink in Sync Manager MA Stats.

Friday, June 7, 2019 12:09 PM
  • Hi,

You should be able to get the run result as XML. You can then parse this.

E.g:

$MA.RunDetails().ReturnValue | Out-File RunHistory.xml
       # Grab the MA run-history and put it into a XML var.
       [xml]$RunHistoryXML = $MA.RunDetails().ReturnValue
       # Build User Errors for Exports
       $RunHistoryXML."run-history"."run-details"."step-details"."synchronization-errors"."export-error" | select dn,"error-type" | export-csv ErrorUsers.csv

Br,

Leo

Did my post help? Please use "Mark as answer" or "Propose as answer". Thank you!

Friday, June 7, 2019 12:20 PM
  • Leo,

StepDetails do have the Errors. But do not have the details of the Inbound and Outbound Connectors except for the counters.

I would need to get all the Stats including Projections,Joins,ConnectorFlow,ConnectorNoFlow, ProvisioningAdds/Updates/Deletes. 

Resultxml do not have all these details.

Friday, June 7, 2019 12:52 PM
  • Hi,

Sure it does :) Please see screenshot.

Friday, June 7, 2019 12:54 PM
  • Yes for the Counters..

But If I would need to see the Object Details.. CS Entries with Holograms, I couldn't find it here.

But they are visible in Sync Manager Console once hyperlink on the counters clicked.

Friday, June 7, 2019 1:00 PM
  • The object run details is a complex query from the MIM Sync data base, containing referrals to the objects.

Consider the MIM Sync admin client as an upgraded SQL Client (in fact running a lot of queries per minute...)..

So any method you script or export against the run details is inferior to the view you get from the interface, as you extract the data from it's context.

BTW, when you click on the details: you get the CURRENT state of the object, not the state as it was during that MA run, because it is a LOOKUP.

If you want all the details you need to export a lot more than you might think.

The closest you get is query the database for the run history details. 

(But keep in mind it's officially not supported to query the database directly, as you risk to lock the data while MIM Sync is in operation.)

Peter Geelen - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access) (user page)

[If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post or click "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster. ]

Monday, June 10, 2019 10:59 PM