Download Manager already installed - still asking me to install it RRS feed

• Question

• We have ProClarity running on a Windows 2003 server which I can connect to and access data with no problem.

We've also just deployed a test environment on a Windows 2008 server machine.  I've installed ProClarity on this machine and can connect to it with no trouble from the server itself, but if I try to access ProClarity through a normal users' web interface connecting to the new machine, it asks me to install Download Manager.  The exact same process on the old server site works fine.  I can't re-install download manager - I've tried copying over the DownloadManager.exe file from the new server and running it and copying the DLL and registering it myself.  Nothing works.

I even tried unregistering the dll (at which point I checked, neither version of ProClarity worked) and then re-registering it.  The old one worked, the new one didn't.

Both are on version 6.3.2222.144.  The new server is using IIS 7, but I've configured it to use the Classic .Net App Pool.  

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter very much if I can't get it working on the new test server - but I have to replace the old (production) server shortly and I'm worried that I will have the same problem there.  

Any ideas on what I can do?

Friday, April 22, 2016 10:39 AM

All replies

• Additional - when I get the Install Download Manager instructions, if I press the Install Download Manager button, I get a screen saying "Download Now" in the middle.  When I click "Download Now" I get a message saying "ProClarity Download Manager is being installed. After the application has been installed, close this window."

Then nothing happens - the window just sits there.

Friday, April 22, 2016 10:41 AM