none
Nintex Workflow 2013 issue : soap:ServerServer was unable to process request. ---> Failed to publish workflow: <Error>Failed to open config file</Error> RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have an issue when I try to Publish a Nintex workflow in SHP 2013 .

If I go on Workflow settings -> Create a workflow in Nintex workflow and for example I choose Blank template (just for test) -> insert an action -> save ... after I save the workflow and try to publish, I am receiving the following error : soap:ServerServer was unable to process request. ---> Failed to publish workflow: <Error>Failed to open config file</Error>

I performed an IISReset but without success.

Any advice?

thank you!

popescualexandra

Monday, September 3, 2018 11:17 AM

Answers

• Nguyen went to their site and found the fix. You can read it here

If this is helpful please mark it so. Also if this solved your problem mark as answer.

• Marked as answer by alexamaya Wednesday, October 31, 2018 9:51 PM
    Tuesday, September 4, 2018 9:01 AM

All replies

• Try to save the Nintexworkflow with different name and publish. Check if you still get the error.

Priti Arya

Monday, September 3, 2018 11:29 AM
  • Hi,

thank you for your prompt response.

I already tried that and without success :(

popescualexandra

Monday, September 3, 2018 12:06 PM
  • The error points that it's unable to locate config File, The the Nintex workflow feature activated on the web app level ? Failed to publish workflow: <Error>Failed to open config file</Error>

https://support.nintex.com/SharePoint/Workflow/Error_%22Server_was_unable_to_process_request._Failed_to_publish_workflow%22 

Priti Arya

Monday, September 3, 2018 12:22 PM
  • Hi 
    1. Go to SharePoint Designer and navigate to ‘All Files’
    2. Right click on the "Workflows" folder and click ‘properties’.
    3. On the properties screen click ‘Administration Web Page’.
    4. Go to ‘Versioning Settings’ and ensure that ‘Create major versions’ is selected and not ‘Create major and minor (draft) versions’.
    Monday, September 3, 2018 12:26 PM
  • Hi,

thank you!

I am not using sharepoint designer . This is an error when I try to create a new workflow in the site.

popescualexandra

Monday, September 3, 2018 12:40 PM
  • Hi, 

For this case, while using SharePoint Designer, you're just going in the settings of workflows in general.

Best regards,  

Monday, September 3, 2018 1:03 PM
  • Hi,

You can refer to the resolutions of "soap:ServerServer was unable to process request" issue in the following blog:

https://community.nintex.com/community/build-your-own/blog/2015/03/19/when-publishing-a-workflow-you-receive-the-error-soapserverserver-was-unable-to-process-request

As this is question is regarding to Nintex Workflow, I recommend you contact with Nintex technical Support for assistance on this issue.

You can contact them via: http://www.nintex.com/nintex-support

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Linda Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, September 4, 2018 4:49 AM
  • Nguyen went to their site and found the fix. You can read it here

If this is helpful please mark it so. Also if this solved your problem mark as answer.

• Marked as answer by alexamaya Wednesday, October 31, 2018 9:51 PM
    Tuesday, September 4, 2018 9:01 AM
  • <authorizedType Assembly="System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" NameSpace="System.CodeDom" TypeName="CodeTypeReferenceExpression" Authorized="True" />
    <authorizedType Assembly="System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" NameSpace="System.CodeDom" TypeName="CodeBinaryOperatorExpression" Authorized="True" />
    <authorizedType Assembly="System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" NameSpace="System.CodeDom" TypeName="CodePrimitiveExpression" Authorized="True" />
    <authorizedType Assembly="System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" NameSpace="System.CodeDom" TypeName="CodeMethodInvokeExpression" Authorized="True" />
    <authorizedType Assembly="System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" NameSpace="System.CodeDom" TypeName="CodeMethodReferenceExpression" Authorized="True" />
    <authorizedType Assembly="System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" NameSpace="System.CodeDom" TypeName="CodeFieldReferenceExpression" Authorized="True" />
    <authorizedType Assembly="System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" NameSpace="System.CodeDom" TypeName="CodeThisReferenceExpression" Authorized="True" />
    <authorizedType Assembly="System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" NameSpace="System.CodeDom" TypeName="CodePropertyReferenceExpression" Authorized="True" />
    Thursday, October 10, 2019 3:40 AM