Taskbar appears after 5 minutes while running in Full Screen mode RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All 

I just realized that when running a presentation in full screen mode, the taskbar will appear after 5 minutes. This is not only happening in PowerPoint but also in other applications.  While playing a YouTube video in Internet Explorer in Full Screen mode, the behavior shows up there as well. 

I am running Windows 7 Enterprise. Have anyone seen this issue before? I have tried some solutions from around the web, including changing the Compatibility settings for PowerPoint by selecting to "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" but to no avail.

Best Regards

Juan.

Wednesday, June 5, 2013 9:09 AM

Answers

• Hi Roger, thanks for the reply. Yes this is something I tested and flash was my initial suspicion. However after much investigation, I found that it was 2 background processes that were stealing focus from the running application. We have contacted the application vendor and provided a problem log so the issue can be resolved in the next version of the tool.

Best Regards

jdiverjp

• Proposed as answer by EMMmmmmmm Friday, June 7, 2013 3:10 AM
    • Marked as answer by Leo Huang Tuesday, June 18, 2013 8:08 AM
    Thursday, June 6, 2013 8:57 AM

All replies

• Hi jdiverjp

Whether is it taskbar appears when you watching video full screen? or only when you playing a YouTube video in Internet Explorer? Did you try to use other browser for test?

In addition, adobe flash player may be can caused this problem, you can reinstall them for test.

Thursday, June 6, 2013 8:36 AM
  • Hi Roger, thanks for the reply. Yes this is something I tested and flash was my initial suspicion. However after much investigation, I found that it was 2 background processes that were stealing focus from the running application. We have contacted the application vendor and provided a problem log so the issue can be resolved in the next version of the tool.

Best Regards

jdiverjp

• Proposed as answer by EMMmmmmmm Friday, June 7, 2013 3:10 AM
    • Marked as answer by Leo Huang Tuesday, June 18, 2013 8:08 AM
    Thursday, June 6, 2013 8:57 AM