none
Records Management: Archive checkbox on document upload?

Question

• Hi All,

I have a question regarding archiving documents in Sharepoint online. We have the records center setup, and I am familiar that after upload you can choose Declare Record on the top bar of site with self declaring record enabled, however, our users want to be able to specify that a document should be archived when they upload it, instead of having to upload it then go back and choose declare record. See example below. Is this possible? I can't think of a way to add a content type or column that could route a document to the records center. 

Friday, March 24, 2017 2:42 PM

All replies

• Hi KatieB92,

We can use a SharePoint 2010 Designer workflow to declare a document as a record automatically.

Create a list workflow with 2010 workflow type for this library in SharePoint Designer and make it run automatically when an item is created. Meanwhile, add a  Yes/No check box column called “Archive” into the library to identify if the document should be archived or not. Then in the workflow, use a common condition to check whether the value of the “Archive” (Yes/No check box) column is Yes. If the value is Yes, declare the current item as a record using “Declare Record” workflow action.

Best Regards,

Linda Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, March 27, 2017 6:59 AM