none
SQL to FIM to AD RRS feed

• Question

• hello,

i have a database, it consist of firstname,lastname,mail,phone.

since they do not have displayname, how should i generate display name in metaverse? i was thinking about concating firstname and last name and then flow it to the metaverse, but there is no custom thing like that in attribute flow of sql MA.

i want to achive the same thing for accountname which is for example 'john smith' should be flowed j.smith as accountname and then for samaccountname in AD.

do i have to use inbound sync tule? please guide

Wednesday, March 16, 2016 11:10 AM

Answers

• There are two main ways of doing so:

1. Calculate displayName and accountName in Database (for example in view)
    2. Create inbound sync rule or rules extension that would calculate the values.

If you found my post helpful, please give it a Helpful vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an Answer.

• Proposed as answer by Peter_Stapf Wednesday, March 16, 2016 12:07 PM
    • Marked as answer by MatCollins Thursday, March 17, 2016 2:19 PM
    Wednesday, March 16, 2016 11:15 AM

All replies

• There are two main ways of doing so:

1. Calculate displayName and accountName in Database (for example in view)
    2. Create inbound sync rule or rules extension that would calculate the values.

If you found my post helpful, please give it a Helpful vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an Answer.

• Proposed as answer by Peter_Stapf Wednesday, March 16, 2016 12:07 PM
    • Marked as answer by MatCollins Thursday, March 17, 2016 2:19 PM
    Wednesday, March 16, 2016 11:15 AM
  • at first i thought inbound attributes flow in enough, but when i configured SQL to FIM, it does not flow:

the problem is how do i flow display name in attributes flow of my sql management agent?

Thursday, March 17, 2016 10:54 AM
  • Ok, but what is your plan here? As you've configured both sync rule and standard attribute flow. One of them is enough.

Second thing - do you have Projection rule or setting in Sync Rule that says if person should be created in Metaverse?

Thursday, March 17, 2016 12:02 PM