Can not access Central Administration on wss3.0 RRS feed

• Question

• Today I had to detach sharepoint server from server farm and reattach later on, unfortunately after this operation, I lost my access to central administration, I keep receiving forbidden 403 error.

I realized central admin virtual server folder only had _vti_pvt folder in it. No web.config.

I tried running config wizard and kept getting FileNotFound exception because of missing web.config.

How can I bring central admin page back, any suggestions?

Monday, January 10, 2011 5:24 AM

Answers

• What procedure did you follow ?

Did you detach from Old config DB and again trying to connect with the same old config after moving to new server farm or you have created a new configuration DB and then after you are not able to access central admin.

There are two ways of miration ,1.  SQL server migration and 2. SharePoint server migration.

Could you please brief which procedure you have followed ?

Regards, Pratik Vyas | SharePoint Consultant | http://sharepointpratik.blogspot.com/
    • Marked as answer by Leoyi Sun Friday, January 21, 2011 7:10 AM
    Monday, January 10, 2011 11:50 AM

All replies

• What procedure did you follow ?

Did you detach from Old config DB and again trying to connect with the same old config after moving to new server farm or you have created a new configuration DB and then after you are not able to access central admin.

There are two ways of miration ,1.  SQL server migration and 2. SharePoint server migration.

Could you please brief which procedure you have followed ?

Regards, Pratik Vyas | SharePoint Consultant | http://sharepointpratik.blogspot.com/
    • Marked as answer by Leoyi Sun Friday, January 21, 2011 7:10 AM
    Monday, January 10, 2011 11:50 AM
  • I detached from old config db and after that I connected to an existing server farm  by attaching it to the old config database one more time. And I am not able to access central administration after reattaching.

Monday, January 10, 2011 1:07 PM