none
Excel 2016- Cannot load Power Query into Power Pivot RRS feed

• Question

• I am using Excel 2016. From Power Query, I connect to an Oracle datawarehouse and perform some basic transformations.

When I am done, I load and close only to the Data Model.

When I open the power pivot worksheet, the data is nowhere to be found.

How can I send the data from Power Query to Power Pivot so that I may:

create KPIs, bypass native excel row limit?

My excel version is: 16.0.4549.1000

-I've tried alternatives such as selecting the Query from Existing Connections within the Power Pivot worksheet

-Reloading to Data Model from the Workbook Queries panel on the right

-pasting the Query connection string when creating Connection to "Others (OLEDB/ODBC)"

Please help.

Monday, September 18, 2017 6:13 PM

Answers

• Hi there. Can you clarify what you mean by:

the transformations I made do not appear in the power pivot data set

Are you saying you don't see the results of the PQ transformations? Or you don't see the transformation steps themselves?

EDIT: Does this happen consistently (in a fresh workbook)? Would it be possible for you to share a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Ehren

Monday, September 18, 2017 11:29 PM
    Owner

All replies

• so

i managed to get the data into Power Pivot by UNCHECKING "add to data model"

and then from Workbook Queries panel, CHECK "add to data model"

except

the transformations I made do not appear in the power pivot data set, which defeats the whole purpose of Power Query. Is that new thread worthy?

Monday, September 18, 2017 7:17 PM
  • Hi there. Can you clarify what you mean by:

the transformations I made do not appear in the power pivot data set

Are you saying you don't see the results of the PQ transformations? Or you don't see the transformation steps themselves?

EDIT: Does this happen consistently (in a fresh workbook)? Would it be possible for you to share a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Ehren

Monday, September 18, 2017 11:29 PM
    Owner