How To get reports from my employees? RRS feed

• Question

• Helo friedns :
    I am going to be a project manager in a company , i want to get a daily report about my employees about what they did in the duration of their work.
    Does anybody have a template to get these kind of reports from Employees ?

Or anything that can help me to design this report template ?/

Thank you.
    Network is my LOVE
    Sunday, August 2, 2009 8:11 AM

Answers

• Mohammad, i would suggest you hold weekly meetings, one hour every friday morning or something like that.
    This way, each employee will have the chance to share with the team what they did the last week and also the team can discuss ongoing issues or see if someone else in the team can help.
    The reason i suggest you make a weekly meeting instead of having people send daily reports is that people dont like being treated that way. And writing out daily reports take a lot of time.

You can ever collaborate and document your weekly meetings on a sharepoint site for the team.
    Hope this helps.
    • Marked as answer by Kevin Remde Sunday, May 23, 2010 1:37 PM
    Saturday, August 29, 2009 10:07 PM

All replies

• Hello,

what report from which software are you talking about? Or do you mean tracking all activity from logon to logoff?
    Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Sunday, August 2, 2009 8:48 PM
  • Surely.

The question is: do you need the template (or the report structure) or the tool to deliver those reports to you and process them if necessary?
    Tuesday, August 4, 2009 11:41 PM
  • Yes i need a tool or template to collect data from my IT workers weekly reports , about waht they did , what prblems they detec , and how they solved the problems.

Network is my LOVE
    Friday, August 7, 2009 5:33 AM
  • mmm.. have you tried this one: http://www.combit.net/en/reporting ?
    Monday, August 10, 2009 11:14 PM
  • Mohammad, i would suggest you hold weekly meetings, one hour every friday morning or something like that.
    This way, each employee will have the chance to share with the team what they did the last week and also the team can discuss ongoing issues or see if someone else in the team can help.
    The reason i suggest you make a weekly meeting instead of having people send daily reports is that people dont like being treated that way. And writing out daily reports take a lot of time.

You can ever collaborate and document your weekly meetings on a sharepoint site for the team.
    Hope this helps.
    • Marked as answer by Kevin Remde Sunday, May 23, 2010 1:37 PM
    Saturday, August 29, 2009 10:07 PM
  • Thank you

I have created a share point portal to get reports from them , I think it would be the best .

Network is my LOVE
    Sunday, August 30, 2009 3:57 AM