none
Question about Check Lists (PDP) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

We are using PDPs to create check lists for each phase.(For Demand Management phase, we have DM checklist where people go and anwser yes no questions and enter comments)

Question is now I'm creating custom fields for each question and comment , and setting them for the related PDP. Which takes some time. Do you recommend a shorter way?

Thursday, July 26, 2012 9:47 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello all,

I'm implementing Project Server 2010. And mostly using  Project Server abilities but now I have a topic that I'm thinking Sharepoint users can also help. So heres the question: 
    We are using web parts to create check lists for each phase.(For Demand Management phase(It's Project Phase ), we have DM checklist where people go and anwser yes no questions and enter comments)
    Question is now I'm creating custom fields for each question and comment , and setting them for the related web part. Which takes some time. Do you recommend a shorter way?

NOTE:  I've already posted it on Project Server forums.

Thanks 

• Edited by onur.onal Thursday, July 26, 2012 11:25 AM
    • Merged by Entan Ming Tuesday, July 31, 2012 2:35 AM same issue
    Thursday, July 26, 2012 11:24 AM
  • Hi,

That would be the way I would do it, setting up the various custom fields with Yes / No fields. Another option may be to use the InfoPath Form View Solution starter. This allows you to build a InfoPath form to capture the info you want and host that in a PDP. The InfoPath form viewer is available at http://archive.msdn.microsoft.com/P2010SolutionStarter

Alex Burton
    www.epmsource.com | Twitter
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page

Thursday, July 26, 2012 3:22 PM