SSAS Action not working under Proclarity RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have an SSAS action that is used to drilltrough to data, using my own row names (and not [$my_dimension].[my_mesure]). Here is is the MDX code wrote in the "action expression" field (including the quotes):

"DRILLTHROUGH SELECT {" + [MyDimension].[MyDimension].currentmember.uniquename + "} on 0 FROM [MyCube] RETURN [$MyDimension].[MyDimension] as MyOwnName"

This action works correctly in the SSAS browser.

When I am going under Proclarity Web Standard, I can see that the tool can see that there is an action (field "Actions" displayed) but the link to the action is not displayed...

Does anyone have an idea about the reason why ?

Thanks,

Alexis

Wednesday, December 19, 2007 3:24 PM

Answers

• Alexis,

The Action expression field is only for standard actions - not report or drillthrough actions.  Try right-clicking in the Action Organizer and creating a new DrillThrough action.

Best Wishes,

-Joey

Wednesday, December 19, 2007 5:04 PM

All replies

• Alexis,

The Action expression field is only for standard actions - not report or drillthrough actions.  Try right-clicking in the Action Organizer and creating a new DrillThrough action.

Best Wishes,

-Joey

Wednesday, December 19, 2007 5:04 PM
  • Hello Joey,

Thank you for your answer. The thing is we have those names that ara not really "user-friendly" like [$Dimension].[Measure] for example... is there any other solution to rename fields coming from a drillthrough-action ?

Have some nice christmas holidays,

Alexis

Saturday, December 22, 2007 4:05 PM
  • Alexis,

There is no solution that I know of.  If I find one, I'll post it here.

Thanks,

-Joey

Friday, December 28, 2007 10:55 PM