display number of unread items on public folder RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

I can remember that it was possible to show the total number of items in
    public folder in Exchange 2003. In 2007 this option is greyed out and I could
    only see the unread elements if I put this folder to the favorites.

How can explain this attitude?

THX and best regards
    Christian

Wednesday, November 10, 2010 8:02 AM

Answers

• That is always the way it is has been. Nothing has changed with the later versions of Exchange/Outlook.
    You always had to add the folder to favourites to see the unread item count.

Simon.

Simon Butler, Exchange MVP
    Blog | Exchange Resources
    Thursday, November 11, 2010 12:10 AM

All replies

• That is always the way it is has been. Nothing has changed with the later versions of Exchange/Outlook.

Simon.

Simon Butler, Exchange MVP
    Blog | Exchange Resources
    Thursday, November 11, 2010 12:10 AM
  • Hi Simon,

That is always the way it is has been. Nothing has changed with the later versions of Exchange/Outlook.

Thanks! That's what I wanted to hear! ;-)

Best regards
    Christian

Thursday, November 11, 2010 6:56 AM
  • Hi guys,

any chance to have something like a SEARCH FOLDER showing the total of unread messages including the ones in some PUBLIC FOLDERS?

I actually have lot of users that work with UNREAD folder and now I need to add some public folders where I forward some e-mails thanks to a Pop3 connector.

Everything works well, except that users don't see the UNREAD messages inside the PUBLIC FOLDERS.

I'm trying to look for a 3rd party component, but nothing found.

Thanks!

Daniele

Wednesday, November 30, 2011 10:30 AM