SharePoint Desinger 2007 Error "the server unexpectedly closed the connection" RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

I am continuously getting following error message when I try to open SharePoint Site through SharePoint Designer 2007

I am facing this issue first time... Any clues how to resolve this issue ?

FYI - I am using Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 Enterprise (Version: 12.0.6425.1000)

Thanks

Muhammad Tariq khan

Thursday, March 1, 2012 10:00 AM

Answers

All replies

• try to delete the Sharepoint Designer cache and check if you have the same problem http://ghamson.wordpress.com/2010/10/13/clearing-the-sharepoint-designer-2010-cache/ 

MCITP|MCTS SharePoint| SharePoint Performance blog

Thursday, March 1, 2012 4:33 PM
  • Dear Bogdan Coamesu,

Really Appreciate your help and response..

I have cleared the cache as mentioned in the blog from following locations but still I am getting the same error message "the server unexpectedly closed the connection"

Location 1:

C:\Documents and Settings\User.Name\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\WebsiteCache

Location 2:

C:\Documents and Settings\User.Name\Application Data\Microsoft\Web Server Extensions\Cache

Any further clues how to solve the problem ?

FYI - I am using SharePoint Administrator Account for SharePoint Designer...

Muhammad Tariq khan

Friday, March 2, 2012 6:00 AM
  • Hi,

This seems to be a network issue. 

To troubleshoot the same install Fiddler and then use SPD. Capture network trace and observe for issues.

I hope this will help you out.

Thanks, Rahul Rashu

Friday, March 2, 2012 10:00 PM
  • Dear Rashu,

Let me try your suggestion.. I will get back to you immediately after troubleshooting SPD with Fiddler...

Regards

Muhammad Tariq khan

Monday, March 5, 2012 4:32 AM
  • Dear Bogdan Coamesu and Rashu,

My Problem gets resolved after uninstalling and reinstalling the SharePoint Desinger 2007. Also I cleared the configuration cache as mentioned in above thread.

Thanks a lot people...

Muhammad Tariq khan

Wednesday, March 7, 2012 9:36 AM