Office 2016 build .2076 advanced search issue RRS feed

• Question

• I have a user on Office 2016 build 16.0.8326.2076 that is having an issue with the advanced search in Outlook.  When they add more search criteria everything searches fine then they click out of their inbox.  When the go back to search again the same criteria are in there and cannot be edited without removing all of the options then adding them back in.  I was able to replicate this issue on 5 users currently on build 2076 but not 5 users on build 2073.  I'm assuming this is a bug with build 2076.  Has anyone seen this, do you know of a fix, and where can I find an updated list of builds from Microsoft?  I can't seem to find a list that contains that info.
    • Moved by Steve Fan Wednesday, August 30, 2017 3:28 AM Move to dedicated Outlook forum
    Tuesday, August 29, 2017 2:39 PM

Answers

• Thank you for the update. It's certain that this feature is getting removed. And it has been removed in the Insider Fast builds of Outlook. See:

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Thursday, August 31, 2017 8:34 AM
    • Marked as answer by IndyBeerGuy Thursday, August 31, 2017 1:13 PM
    • Edited by Steve Fan Friday, September 1, 2017 1:31 AM typo
    Thursday, August 31, 2017 8:34 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I can also reproduce this issue in my environment. This is a known issue. However, the expanded find feature is going to be removed in future release. I'm not sure whether the issue you are encountering is one result of this intended change. See the following article for more information:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Upcoming-changes-for-Recent-Searches-Advanced-Find-and-Expanded-Find-5df360da-a50d-4203-bd46-fde18c77d736

Regards,

Steve Fan

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 30, 2017 3:27 AM
  • The expanded search is exactly where this issue resides.  Another thread is showing that they're working on fixing it here Office 2016 - Outlook Search: Previous search not cleared

Hoping someone from Microsoft can confirm this feature is getting fixed or removed.  I'm going to post your link in the other thread as well.  I appreciate your link btw!  There is another link in there that shows how to use the new expanded search functionality.

• Edited by IndyBeerGuy Wednesday, August 30, 2017 1:01 PM
    Wednesday, August 30, 2017 12:47 PM
  • Thank you for the update. It's certain that this feature is getting removed. And it has been removed in the Insider Fast builds of Outlook. See:

Regards,

Steve Fan

• Marked as answer by IndyBeerGuy Thursday, August 31, 2017 1:13 PM
    • Edited by Steve Fan Friday, September 1, 2017 1:31 AM typo
    Thursday, August 31, 2017 8:34 AM
  • Thank you Steve!!
    Thursday, August 31, 2017 1:14 PM
  • No a problem :)

Regards,

Steve Fan

Friday, September 1, 2017 1:31 AM