Vista Media Center no longer records RRS feed

• Question

• Was having trouble accessing recorded tv, so followed a suggestion to delete the mcepg1-0.db file and restart WMC.  This fixed the problem - I was able to open recorded tv (although all of my previously recorded shows had been deleted).  The other unfortunate result is that WMC will no longer record.  There is a red recording circle on the show title in the guide, but the show doesn't actually record.  Not sure if this issue is related to deleting the database file above, or a completely different and separate issue.  Windows Vista.
    Thursday, January 27, 2011 6:39 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please refer to the following artical to troubleshoot:

Why didn't my TV show record in Windows Media Center?

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Tuesday, February 1, 2011 6:00 AM
  • Thank you Magon, but I guess I should have conveyed that I already tried everything obvious, such as the troubleshooting guide you listed.  This is something more complex - as in a corruption of the WMC program somewhere.  But there's no way I'm going to reload Vista and start from scratch on this machine.  There's got to be someone out there who can help me with this.
    Thursday, February 3, 2011 1:19 AM