Removing yes/no prompt from hyper-v installation RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.

I have been trying to make a PowerShell script to enable Microsoft Hyper V Hypervisor.

The script is working as intended, but everytime I run the script i get asked if i want to restart the computer.

Is there any way i can add to the script so that it auto-replies yes to the restart prompt?

Here is the script i have so far:

Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName:Microsoft-Hyper-V-Hypervisor -all

Wednesday, March 7, 2018 9:13 AM

Answers

• If you do not want a restart after the installation just add the -NoRestart parameter. If you would like to restart after the installation you can do something like this:

Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName:Microsoft-Hyper-V-Hypervisor -All -NoRestart; Restart-Computer

I've tried, and it worked.

MCSE, MCSA, MS, MCP, MCTS, System Engineer

• Proposed as answer by Martien van Dijk Wednesday, March 7, 2018 9:46 AM
    • Marked as answer by Zhilay Thursday, March 8, 2018 7:47 AM
    Wednesday, March 7, 2018 9:39 AM

All replies

• No sure if you can use the -Confirm parameter for this but it might be worth adding -Confirm:TRUE

You could also add another part to the script that restarts the computer after a little bit of time.

Wednesday, March 7, 2018 9:36 AM
  • If you do not want a restart after the installation just add the -NoRestart parameter. If you would like to restart after the installation you can do something like this:

Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName:Microsoft-Hyper-V-Hypervisor -All -NoRestart; Restart-Computer

I've tried, and it worked.

MCSE, MCSA, MS, MCP, MCTS, System Engineer

• Proposed as answer by Martien van Dijk Wednesday, March 7, 2018 9:46 AM
    • Marked as answer by Zhilay Thursday, March 8, 2018 7:47 AM
    Wednesday, March 7, 2018 9:39 AM
  • I was writing the same reply as Matej:)

Sincerely, Martien van Dijk. Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. Check out My Blog!

Wednesday, March 7, 2018 9:46 AM
  • Testet it, and it worked perfectly. Thank you!
    Thursday, March 8, 2018 7:48 AM