Loud Bells on a Voice Gateway? RRS feed

• Question

• We implemented Skype for Business at many of our locations for the company I work with. In existing infrastructure there are analog loud bells that would ring off a designated number. After implementing SFB we installed a VG in order to simultaneously ring the loud bells when certain numbers in manufacturing are called so they can be rang as well. When calling these numbers the bell doesn't make any sounds and the call just hangs up as if the bell had answered the phone and disconnected. Would anyone be able to give advice on this scenario? We've looked at many VOIP bells but the additional cost and/or the loudness of the bell offered is not within the range necessary. Is it simply that we need a VG that could push out more voltage for a loud bell to ring? If we wire from the headset jack of our VVX phones to the loud bell it does ring (but that also is a temporary work around and is pretty ridiculous if you ask me). 
    • Moved by Amy Wang_ Tuesday, January 23, 2018 8:11 AM from Windows Server Setup Deployment forum
    Monday, January 22, 2018 4:49 PM

All replies

• Hi,

As this query is related to Skype for Business, I will move the thread into dedicated forum so you would get more efficient support.

Best Regards,

Amy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 23, 2018 8:10 AM
  • You can do it with an analog gateway.  McKinney wrote a good article up on this: http://blog.ucomsgeek.com/2015/04/lyncskype-for-business-loud-ringer.html

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote" on the left side of the response, and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, SWC, their employees, or other MVPs.

Tuesday, January 23, 2018 10:56 PM