Is it possible to create an override for exactly one object by using it's name in Authoring Console ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

we have a monitoring scenario with many instances of same class on one Windows Computer.
    For exactly one of these instances we need an override.

So far no problem: Import the MP for this scenario and when discovery is done I create the override for the object using the Authoring Pane in OpsMgr Console.

When the Override MP is exported I find following XML Paragraph:
    <MonitorConfigurationOverride ID="OverrideForMonitorMyMPIdentifierE2EMonitoring2TransactionMonitorForContextMyMPIdentifierE2EMonitoringTransactionsa8c222c91fd24c79b5c2fe364c513a3d" Context="MyMPIdentifier.E2E.Monitoring.Transactions" ContextInstance="a72dc762-69b7-1772-e139-93e61a4dbcbb" Enforced="false" Monitor="MyMPIdentifier.E2E.Monitoring2.TransactionMonitor" Parameter="TriggerAfterNumSamples">
            <Value>5</Value>
    </MonitorConfigurationOverride>

Now my question:
    Is it possible to replace this part [...Context="MyMPIdentifier.E2E.Monitoring.Transactions" ContextInstance="a72dc762-69b7-1772-e139-93e61a4dbcbb"...] by a named specification of the instance instead of teh GUID ?

I could define an Instancegroup using <Expression>...</Expression> with GroupPopulator, and then setting the Override for this group. I would like to avoid creating a group.

Is there a possibility to define the override for ONLY ONE OBJECT without a group ?
    Something like [ ...Context="..." ContextInstance="$Property[@Name='KeyProperty']$..."   ?

I'm afraid there is not. But perhaps somebody knows...

Thanks for your answer
    sebastian

Thursday, November 8, 2012 10:15 AM

Answers

• Hi,

No, you can use only GUIDs to create an override for a specific instance. 

http://OpsMgr.ru/

Thursday, November 8, 2012 10:34 AM

All replies

• Hi,

No, you can use only GUIDs to create an override for a specific instance. 

http://OpsMgr.ru/

Thursday, November 8, 2012 10:34 AM
  • Hi Alexey,

thanks for the answer.

In the meantime I already did the job with the InstanceGroup.

Thanks again.

sebastian

Thursday, November 8, 2012 4:04 PM