Exchange 2010 Edge Sync RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

On My HUB server, I keep on getting Edge Sync Event 1024.

Failed to connect to the Edge Transport server ADAM instance with exception The LDAP server is unavailable..  This could be caused by a failure to resolve the Edge Transport server name XXXXXXXXXX in DNS, a failure trying to connect to port 50636 on XXXXXXXX, network connectivity issues, an invalid certificate, or an expired subscription.  Verify your network and server configuration.

But , Edge sync is running fine, when I ran test-edgesynchronization

[PS] C:\Windows\system32>Test-EdgeSynchronization

RunspaceId                  : 03307b0d-7a36-41c1-a03f-67c8d662842b
    SyncStatus                  : Normal

I have unsubscribed and resubscribed Edge Sync multiple times. 

But still keep on getting events every few minutes.

Any help

Friday, February 1, 2019 11:01 AM

All replies

• Is there only one Hub server? What about other servers?

According to the error message, we could test the followings:

1. Ping Edge’s FQDN or server name from Hub server.
    Ping Hub’s FQDN or server name from Edge Server.
    2. Telnet Edge server from Hub server for the port 50636
    For example: Telnet < Edge’s IP address> 50636
    3. Test the mail flow with inbound and outbound message.

In addition, we could check if the same third-party certificate is installed on both the Hub and Edge Transport servers. If yes, please test the solution in the following KB, it also applies to Exchange 2010:

EdgeSync Fails with Event ID 10104

Please note:
    To create a different certificate
    1. Remove the third-party certificate from the Edge Transport server. 
    2. Install a self-signed certificate on the Edge Transport server
    3. Re-create the Edge subscription. 

Regards,

Manu Meng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Manu Meng Thursday, February 7, 2019 7:37 AM
    Monday, February 4, 2019 2:57 AM
  • Hi Manu,

There is no port issue between HUB and Edge. As I mentioned, Edge synchronization is working fine and Test result also successful. However, events keeps on coming.

However, I have an issue in sending emails to O365 using Outbound to Office 365 connector with this particular Edge server in Site B with below event. Email stuck in queue on Edge server

Outbound TLS authentication failed with error RevocationOffline for Send connector Outbound to Office 365. The TLS authentication mechanism is DomainValidation. Target is XXXXX.mail.onmicrosoft.com.

Edge server in Site A is able to send email to O365 using the same connector and same public cert.

Monday, February 4, 2019 1:28 PM
  • Since this issue is only occurred with “hybrid connectors”, we suggest you re-run HCW for re-configuration for your organization. 

If the issue persists, could you please recreate an Edge subscription? Recreating an Edge subscription removes configuration changes that are needed for your on-premises organization to talk to Exchange Online. Re-running the Hybrid Configuration wizard applies those changes again.

Regards,

Manu Meng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Manu Meng Friday, February 8, 2019 9:54 AM
    Thursday, February 7, 2019 7:37 AM
  • Just checking in to see if above information was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Regards, 

Manu Meng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to shareexplore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, February 12, 2019 1:49 AM
  • Came across this issue, turns out it was something on our side, networking/security stuff interfering with the connection.
    Thursday, April 9, 2020 5:24 AM