none
How to copy files between local and remote PCs using Remote Desktop App from MS Store RRS feed

Answers

• HI
    0.can you enter winver in command prompt on both local win10 and remote pc then look the os version and os version number ?[for example windows 10  enterprise 1809 (os build 17763.316)]
    1.are local win10 and remote pc win10 in the same workgroup or in the same AD domain?
    2.did you enable "clipboard"first in Microsoft remote app on your local win10 computer then remote access the remote pc ?like picture
    3.can you enter gpresult /h c:\rds.html in command prompt on remote pc then check if we enable "do not allow clipboard redirection" for domain policy.
      can you enter gpedit.msc in command prompt on remote pc then check if we enable "do not allow clipboard redirection" for local policy.
    “Computer Configuration” > “Administrative Templates” > “Windows Components” > “Remote Desktop Services” > “Remote Desktop Session Host“.
     “Do not allow Clipboard redirection” we need to set it to “disable“.
    4.if we remote access from your local pc to remote pc by using mstsc,can you use clipboard redirection and paste file in remote session on remote pc?

Best Regards
    Andy YOU
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 15, 2020 9:05 AM
  • I figured it out.  Thank you for the response.

The issue was not knowing how file transfer worked in the Windows Store client.  With the older Windows Desktop Client, the local drives would show up in remote sessions' File Explorer's tree view panel.  This allowed you to open your local drives from the remote system using File Explorer.  The new Windows Store app doesn't work that way.

When I saw your point #3 above.  I realized the transfer is done as a Copy and Paste through the right click menu's.

Just in case anyone else needs detail steps it's as follows:

1. Right click the file you want to transfer
    2. Choose Copy from the menu
    3. Right click the folder (or desktop) you want to transfer to 
    4. Choose Paste

It may be useful to others if you added some verbiage on how to transfer files on the online help page at:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/remote/remote-desktop-services/clients/windows

Wednesday, January 15, 2020 4:03 PM

All replies

• HI
    0.can you enter winver in command prompt on both local win10 and remote pc then look the os version and os version number ?[for example windows 10  enterprise 1809 (os build 17763.316)]
    1.are local win10 and remote pc win10 in the same workgroup or in the same AD domain?
    2.did you enable "clipboard"first in Microsoft remote app on your local win10 computer then remote access the remote pc ?like picture
    3.can you enter gpresult /h c:\rds.html in command prompt on remote pc then check if we enable "do not allow clipboard redirection" for domain policy.
      can you enter gpedit.msc in command prompt on remote pc then check if we enable "do not allow clipboard redirection" for local policy.
    “Computer Configuration” > “Administrative Templates” > “Windows Components” > “Remote Desktop Services” > “Remote Desktop Session Host“.
     “Do not allow Clipboard redirection” we need to set it to “disable“.
    4.if we remote access from your local pc to remote pc by using mstsc,can you use clipboard redirection and paste file in remote session on remote pc?

Best Regards
    Andy YOU
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 15, 2020 9:05 AM
  • I figured it out.  Thank you for the response.

The issue was not knowing how file transfer worked in the Windows Store client.  With the older Windows Desktop Client, the local drives would show up in remote sessions' File Explorer's tree view panel.  This allowed you to open your local drives from the remote system using File Explorer.  The new Windows Store app doesn't work that way.

When I saw your point #3 above.  I realized the transfer is done as a Copy and Paste through the right click menu's.

Just in case anyone else needs detail steps it's as follows:

1. Right click the file you want to transfer
    2. Choose Copy from the menu
    3. Right click the folder (or desktop) you want to transfer to 
    4. Choose Paste

It may be useful to others if you added some verbiage on how to transfer files on the online help page at:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/remote/remote-desktop-services/clients/windows

Wednesday, January 15, 2020 4:03 PM
  • HI
    Thanks for sharing your experience. I am glad to hear that your issue is solved.

Best Regards
    Andy YOU

Thursday, January 16, 2020 1:50 AM