strange bug with FCS console policy edit function RRS feed

All replies

• Are you running the RTM code ? This was a known bug during the beta phase, but hasn't been around since ?
    Tuesday, March 25, 2008 11:26 PM
  • Hey Chris, we're running the latest and greatest you can download from the MS volume licensing site. We also figured this out working with MS on the phone yesterday. I have reviewed the setup documents, but don't remember this step being in them.

In a 1 server test enviroment we had no issues, but when we setup a 4 server production enviroment, the issue manifested. On the MOM server, you have to reconfigure the logon account for the "Microsoft Forefront Client Security Management Service" from Local System to the Service Account. In a 1 server setup, Local System works, but not in a 4 server setup where your One Point DB is on the Collection Server.

Thanks for posting tho and I hope our solution will help some others from burning a call to MS. We are still having issues with all systems being reported in the FCS console and will continue to work with MS today.

• Proposed as answer by johnny mango Friday, June 20, 2008 2:59 PM
    Wednesday, March 26, 2008 1:33 PM
  • Hi,

Glad to hear you got it sorted, I was going to dig out the details from before, but not needed Surprise)

cheers

Chris

Wednesday, March 26, 2008 2:15 PM
  • Thanks, I had the same problem too - the service in question was stopped, and the Logon tab was using the Local System account, which I changed to my FCS account.
    Friday, June 20, 2008 2:58 PM