none
Always Display Timer in Domain RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have seen many posts regarding the timer display, and even many posts regarding the timer display in the domain.  It seems from what I read that you used to be able to set the timer to always display on the old SCT system.  I would like to utilize that same functionality in the domain, but starting the SCTUINotify.exe program inside the domain just blinks the timer on for a few seconds, and then you cannot ever recall it.

Please let me know how this works, or even if it is possible in the SteadyState software.  (AD Domain, XP SP2 clients)

I suppose I always have the option of starting a javascript application that is just a countdown for the user to see when they log in.  I'd rather use the built in notify solution if it is possible.

Best Regards,

Chris Rock

Tuesday, January 29, 2008 10:20 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Chris,

It seems the issue you mentioned is a known issue which and has been reported to our product team. You can refer to the following thread for more information:

Steady State Timer not displaying in a domain environment

http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsToolsandUtilities/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2351454&SiteID=69

Best Regards,

Wednesday, January 30, 2008 11:41 AM
  • I was having the same issue and so i did a test using a local account to see what the difference in reg keys was.  I found a number of diferences in the HKCurrentUser\Software\Microsoft\Shared Computer Toolkit\ folder.  one in particular seems to control the display of the timer. 

HKCurrentUser\Software\Microsoft\Shared Computer Toolkit\PersistTimerNotify REG_DWORD set to 0x00000001 (1)

I added this key to my restricted domain user account and the timer persists!  It would be superb if all the options available in the Local SteadyState Administration Panels were available in the Group Policy Admin Template.
    Wednesday, April 16, 2008 4:57 PM