none
Timesheet submission and status updates not working after Project Server 2013 upgrade RRS feed

• Question

• I just completed an upgrade from Project Server 2010 to 2013. The upgrade process went smoothly and everything appears to be working except timesheet submission and timesheet status updates. We have single entry mode enabled and when I edit/save a timesheets, it appears to save fine.

When a timesheet change is made, the Your timesheet has unsaved changes... message appears and the task process status changes to Not Submitted.

After the timesheet is saved, the Your timesheet is open, You can send updates or turn it in... message appears.

I am not sure it is saving properly though because there are no queue jobs (failed, complete, or processing) of type Timesheet Update, only Reporting (Timesheet Save) and Reporting (Timesheet Project Aggregation).

If I select the Send > Send Progress for All Tasks or Send Progress for Selected Tasks option, the Submit Timesheet Line dialog is displayed and I can click OK. The process status for the task does not change to Awaiting Approval, but no error is displayed. The only queue task after the status update is of type Notifications and I get the email notification that an update was submitted, but no approvals show up in the Approvals view.

If I select the Send > Turn in Final Timesheet option, there are not related queue jobs (notification or timesheet submit).

If I go to the Tasks view in PWA and use the Send Status > All Tasks or Selected Tasks options, the process status changes to Awaiting Approval, a Notifications queue job is processed, I get the notification email, and the updates show up in the Approvals view. I can then Accept the updates in the Approvals view and a Status Update, Project Checkin, and Project Workflow Check-in jobs are processed in the queue.

If I disable Single Entry Mode and update a timesheet line, the process status changes to Not Submitted. If I submit the update from the timesheet the process status goes back to blank, a Reporting (Timesheet Save) and Reporting (Timesheet Project Aggregation) queue jobs are processed, no Notifications queue job is processed, and no updates appear in the Approvals view. I am able to submit the timesheet for approval though.

Throughout the process, there are no failed queue jobs, no errors in the ULS logs, and no errors in the PWA UI. I am currently combing through the SQL transaction logs, but have not found anything yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Wednesday, February 17, 2016 8:48 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Greg,

The situation you have described is quite complex, I would suggest try to delete on the existing timesheets and regenerate it and see if all things follow smooth. Secondly, create a new Timesheet from a resource from scratch and see how it behaves. I doubt if because of upgrade things might be stuck somewhere in between the  background jobs. Its worth a try.

Regards,

Faizan.

Regards, Syed Faizan ur Rehman, CBPM®,PRINCE2®, MCTS

Sunday, February 28, 2016 7:18 AM
  • I found that this was a known issue that was resolved in a CU. 
    • Marked as answer by GregMitchell Friday, March 4, 2016 4:09 PM
    Friday, March 4, 2016 4:09 PM