none
Autodiscover Error RRS feed

• Question

• I have a strange issue with Autodiscover.

I have two AD sites,  each has Exch 2007.

AD Site 1,  some users, not all,  can't see Free\Busy or download the address book.

My Account is in AD Site 2,  and works fine.  

However, as a Test,  I installed Outlook Client on the CAS server in AD Site 1, and used my Account to Test with.

by doing that, I get the same issues as the other users, not seeing Free\Busy or download Address book.

So, I did a Email Test.  below are my results..   

Autodiscover is set:   InternalURL  Https://Owa.CompanyDomain.com/Autodiscover/Autodiscover.xml

I set IIS Auth to  Anonymous, Basic and Win Auth.   I had to use Anonymous, or I got prompted for creds.

I am able to login to Https://Owa.CompanyDomain.com/Autodiscover/Autodiscover.xml

Https://localhost/Autodiscover/Autodiscover.xml

Thank you for any help you can provide..  

Thank you

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 8:06 PM

Answers

• I think the problem is related to an redirection on your IIS website. Redirecting all traffic to your OWA site. In normal conditions you should see an XML file.

This is what I retrieve when I go to https://mydomain.com/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> 
    - <Autodiscover xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/exchange/autodiscover/responseschema/2006">
    - <Response>
    - <Error Time="22:24:52.9845196" Id="4194458357">
      <ErrorCode>600</ErrorCode> 
      <Message>Invalid Request</Message> 
      <DebugData /> 
      </Error>
      </Response>
      </Autodiscover>

Regards,

Bart

KPN Consulting - Technical Consultant www.bart-timmermans.nl Mark as Answer, if it is answer for your Question. Vote as Helpful, if it is helpful to you.

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 9:24 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Do you have a certificate installed on the IIS website for autodiscover.yourdomain.com?

Regards,

Bart Timmermans

KPN Consulting - Technical Consultant www.bart-timmermans.nl Mark as Answer, if it is answer for your Question. Vote as Helpful, if it is helpful to you.

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 8:08 PM
  • Yea, I have the cert installed. 

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 8:33 PM
  • That looks ok! I have a couple of more questions just to get a better understanding of your environment.

1. You have multiple AD sites with an Exchange 2007 environment. How many servers and what are the Exchange roles installed within these sites?
    2. I see you are connecting to an .com domain. Is your internal domain the same as your external domain name?
    3. Do you have autodiscover DNS names configured?
    4. Do you have SRV records configured within your domain?
    5. When you open autodiscover from internet explorer do you see the XML file?
    6. Can you post the output of the following powershell command (run it on your CAS server)Get-AutodiscoverVirtualDirectory | fl

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 8:54 PM
  • thank you for your reply:

1)  yea,  2 AD sites,  AD Site 1 -  2007 CAS (2007CAS-ADsite1),  2007 HT/MBX.

AD Site 2-   2007 CAS/HT/MBX (2007CAS-ADsite2)

2010 CAS (2010-CAS-ADsite2)  Used for to migrate and coexist soon.

2) the autodiscover is the same with autodiscover.Contoso.com

3) Yea, one for both Internal DNS,  & External DNS

4) I have SRV records configured,  but not for Autodiscover, just an A-Record

5) when I open autodiscover, It redirects me to the Owa.Contoso.com Page  

https://owa.Contoso.com/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml  ->  owa.Contoso.com

Name                            : Autodiscover (Default Web Site)
    InternalAuthenticationMethods   : {Basic, Ntlm, WindowsIntegrated}
    ExternalAuthenticationMethods   : {Basic, Ntlm, WindowsIntegrated}
    BasicAuthentication             : True
    DigestAuthentication            : False
    WindowsAuthentication           : True
    MetabasePath                    : IIS://2007CAS-ADsite1.network.internal/W3SVC/1/ROOT/Autodiscover
    Path                            : C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\ClientAccess\Autodiscover
    ExtendedProtectionTokenChecking : None
    ExtendedProtectionFlags         : {}
    ExtendedProtectionSPNList       : {}
    Server                          : 2007CAS-ADsite1
    InternalUrl                     : 
    ExternalUrl                     : 
    AdminDisplayName                : 
    ExchangeVersion                 : 0.1 (8.0.535.0)
    DistinguishedName               : CN=Autodiscover (Default Web Site),CN=HTTP,CN=Protocols,CN=2007CAS-ADsite1,CN=Servers,CN=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT),CN=Administrative Gr
                                      oups,CN=Organization,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=network,DC=internal
    Identity                        : 2007CAS-ADsite1\Autodiscover (Default Web Site)
    Guid                            : 04630b43-485f-471b-9247-b7a1ef45d271
    ObjectCategory                  : network.internal/Configuration/Schema/ms-Exch-Auto-Discover-Virtual-Directory
    ObjectClass                     : {top, msExchVirtualDirectory, msExchAutoDiscoverVirtualDirectory}
    WhenChanged                     : 6/30/2009 9:02:18 AM
    WhenCreated                     : 6/30/2009 9:02:18 AM
    OriginatingServer               : Apple.network.internal
    IsValid                         : True

BasicAuthentication             : 
    DigestAuthentication            : 
    WindowsAuthentication           : 
    MetabasePath                    : IIS://2010-CAS-ADsite1.network.internal/W3SVC/1/ROOT/Autodiscover
    Path                            : 
    Server                          : 2010-CAS-ADsite1
    ExchangeVersion                 : 0.10 (14.0.100.0)
    DistinguishedName               : CN=Autodiscover (Default Web Site),CN=HTTP,CN=Protocols,CN=2010-CAS-ADsite1,CN=Servers,CN=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT),CN=Administ
                                      rative Groups,CN=Organization,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=network,DC=internal
    Identity                        : 2010-CAS-ADsite1\Autodiscover (Default Web Site)
    Guid                            : 3ab7aa5b-9cc6-449d-990b-fc2e688535d7
    ObjectCategory                  : network.internal/Configuration/Schema/ms-Exch-Auto-Discover-Virtual-Directory
    ObjectClass                     : {top, msExchVirtualDirectory, msExchAutoDiscoverVirtualDirectory}
    WhenChanged                     : 8/26/2011 2:57:42 PM
    WhenCreated                     : 8/26/2011 2:57:42 PM

BasicAuthentication             : True
    DigestAuthentication            : False
    WindowsAuthentication           : True
    MetabasePath                    : IIS://2007CAS-ADsite2.network.internal/W3SVC/1/ROOT/Autodiscover
    Path                            : C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\ClientAccess\Autodiscover
    Server                          : 2007CAS-ADsite2
    ExchangeVersion                 : 0.1 (8.0.535.0)
    DistinguishedName               : CN=Autodiscover (Default Web Site),CN=HTTP,CN=Protocols,CN=2007CAS-ADsite2,CN=Servers,CN=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT),CN=Administrative Gr
                                      oups,CN=Organization,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=network,DC=internal
    Identity                        : 2007CAS-ADsite2\Autodiscover (Default Web Site)
    Guid                            : 8eb6ad05-2525-4148-9f32-ce8ae96cf927
    WhenChanged                     : 2/18/2012 8:14:01 AM
    WhenCreated                     : 2/18/2012 8:00:53 AM

• Edited by Semperfi4000 Wednesday, February 22, 2012 9:23 PM
    Wednesday, February 22, 2012 9:21 PM
  • I think the problem is related to an redirection on your IIS website. Redirecting all traffic to your OWA site. In normal conditions you should see an XML file.

This is what I retrieve when I go to https://mydomain.com/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> 
    - <Autodiscover xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/exchange/autodiscover/responseschema/2006">
    - <Response>
    - <Error Time="22:24:52.9845196" Id="4194458357">
      <ErrorCode>600</ErrorCode> 
      <Message>Invalid Request</Message> 
      <DebugData /> 
      </Error>
      </Response>
      </Autodiscover>

Regards,

Bart

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 9:24 PM
  • when I do that   https://owa.contoso.com/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml  give me a 403 error  "website denied to show web page"
    Wednesday, February 22, 2012 11:13 PM
  • thank you for leading me in the right direction,  the 2010 CAS I introduced into the 2007 Org, that I plan to migrate, had the redirect on it.  
    Wednesday, February 22, 2012 11:55 PM
  • Hi,

Great to hear that it now works.

Regards,

Bart Timmermans

Thursday, February 23, 2012 7:49 AM