Device Drivers for Conexant AC-Link Audio and PCI modem RRS feed

• Question

• I had upgraded my HP Pavillion dv5000 laptop from Windows XP PRO to Windows 7 Home 64-Bit. Everything works fine except the sound and modem. Well, the modem had a yellow flag on it even in XP. Now I do not have audio as well. I have searched high and low online and installed the drivers from HP with no relief. So, my only solution is: H-E-L-P ! ! !
    Sunday, November 14, 2010 1:31 PM

Answers

• There is no Windows 7 compatible driver for this model on HP website. Since the drivers should be provided by computer manufacturer, I suggest you contact HP for more information.

Customer Service / Contact HP

Important Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Thursday, November 25, 2010 6:48 AM
    Wednesday, November 17, 2010 7:07 AM

All replies

• This is a question that has been replied to many. many times.  There are no Windows 7 drivers for the Conexant AC-Link Audio.  You need to talk to HP Technical Support to find out if there is any chance that drivers might be published in the future.

You can download the Vista drivers for your laptop and try installing them in the Comaptibilty mode.  If that doesn't work, then you need to search the internet to see if anyone else has found a solution.  Microsoft does not write drivers for third party hardware - this is strictly the responibility of the hardware manufacturer/vendor.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Sunday, November 14, 2010 2:47 PM
  • Try this driver. It says its for XP but give it a try.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=321957&prodSeriesId=499885&prodNameId=499886&swEnvOID=228&swLang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=ob-42513-1

Monday, November 15, 2010 5:44 PM
  • Try this driver. It says its for XP but give it a try.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=321957&prodSeriesId=499885&prodNameId=499886&swEnvOID=228&swLang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=ob-42513-1

Is your link for XP 32-bit or XP 64-bit?  The OP states he has Win 7 x64 (64-bit) and 32-bit drivers will not work on Win 7 x64.  That's why I recommended he download the Vista 64-bit driver and try using the compatibility mode.
    Monday, November 15, 2010 6:41 PM
  • There is no Windows 7 compatible driver for this model on HP website. Since the drivers should be provided by computer manufacturer, I suggest you contact HP for more information.

Customer Service / Contact HP

Important Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

• Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Thursday, November 25, 2010 6:48 AM
    Wednesday, November 17, 2010 7:07 AM