FIM Portal for security groups RRS feed

• Question

• When creating my security groups, I know its required to have an owner and a displayed owner. 

My two MPRS for security group management are disabled which its intended to be.  Are there any other functionality for the owner and displayed owner if my MPR's are disabled?

Currently my owner is the group itself.

Thank you,

Wednesday, October 10, 2018 5:52 PM

Answers

• Hi,

those owner attributes are just used for the approval part and of course the permissions controlled by the default MPRs on that groups.

I have a lot of groups without an owner, or SyncAccount as owner when importing them from AD.

If you don't want to use any self-services on groups, you don't need those attributes set properly.

/Peter

Peter Stapf - ExpertCircle GmbH - My blog: JustIDM.wordpress.com

• Proposed as answer by Robin Westgaard Wednesday, October 17, 2018 12:36 PM
    • Marked as answer by 619FIMADMINJR Wednesday, October 17, 2018 3:29 PM
    Thursday, October 11, 2018 10:36 AM

All replies

• Hi,

those owner attributes are just used for the approval part and of course the permissions controlled by the default MPRs on that groups.

I have a lot of groups without an owner, or SyncAccount as owner when importing them from AD.

If you don't want to use any self-services on groups, you don't need those attributes set properly.

/Peter

Peter Stapf - ExpertCircle GmbH - My blog: JustIDM.wordpress.com

• Proposed as answer by Robin Westgaard Wednesday, October 17, 2018 12:36 PM
    • Marked as answer by 619FIMADMINJR Wednesday, October 17, 2018 3:29 PM
    Thursday, October 11, 2018 10:36 AM
  • Thank you!
    Wednesday, October 17, 2018 3:30 PM