none
SCSM user role permission RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have SCSM with V. 1801 and my team are members in the user role " Incident Resolver " but I want to deny the task of assign to analyst. I tried to uncheck box of this task but without any effective. So how can I apply this permission ?

Thanks 

Wednesday, February 20, 2019 9:12 AM

All replies

• Hi,

you can not modify the permission on a default role directly.

To modify the permissions create a new Role based on the default role and modify the permissions in the new role.

Regards,

Stefan

More and news about System Center at stillcool.de and sc-orchestartor.eu .

Wednesday, February 20, 2019 10:12 AM
  • I created a role based on the incident resolver permission but I need to modify in the custom role the permission of assign to analyst.

Thanks 

Wednesday, February 20, 2019 10:15 AM
  • ok, sorry.

So, the task "Assign to Analyst" is NOT checked  in the custom role but the user(s) still see the task.

Perhaps the user(s) is/are members of other role which have the permissions?

You can check the effective permissions with https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/Service-Manager-SCSM-User-ebcdfcd6

Regards,

Stefan

Wednesday, February 20, 2019 2:11 PM
  • I Already check this option but its not effiective and the user still assigned  
    Wednesday, February 20, 2019 2:20 PM
  • For me in 1807 it works, when the user has no other roles with the Task  "Assign to Analyst" ....

Thursday, February 21, 2019 9:31 AM
  • I am agree with you that this will let the task to be invisible , but what I need that to prevent the analyst from assigning. and this is can be done by the role " Read only operator " but in the same time I want to make the analyst able to change the incident status. So I think I need something common between the incident resolver and the read only operator roles.

Thursday, February 21, 2019 9:38 AM