Windows 7 clients can't download any updates form WSUS 3.0sp2 RRS feed

• Question

• our wsus is 3.0sp2 installed on Server 2008R2 ,it works for us for several years very well.

we have many kinds of clients like windows XP ,server 2003R2,server 2008R2 and they get updates from wsus has been very good

now we must add some windows 7 clients 。

I installed some Windows 7 with SP1(MSDN DVD) , configure automatic updates by using group policy and settings in place specifying the WSUS Server for the clients to use. On the wsus I allowed updates for windows7 .

but every windows 7 client just get one and installed one update : windows update agent 7.6.7600.256 ......

I used some command like  wauclt /detectnow ,wuauclt /resetauthorization , wuauclt /reportnow

but windows 7 client can't get any more updates and windows update logs like this

please help me , how to fix this ?

btw:every windows 7 clients shows up in the WSUS console,but do not have any state report.

• Edited by Mr_徐 Monday, November 7, 2016 12:23 PM
    Monday, November 7, 2016 12:01 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Does your WSUS has been configured to download Windows 7 updates in Products and Classifications as well?

Regards,

Gilles Tremblay
    MCSE Server | Desktop | Messaging | Collaboration | Productivity | Mobility | Cloud Platform and Infrastructure

Dont forget to mark as Answered if you found this post helpful.

DISCLAIMER: This post is provided "AS IS" with no warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, and confers no rights. Always test before!

Monday, November 7, 2016 12:24 PM
  • sure , I am configured . updates for Windows 7 (x86,x64)all downloaded.

Regards

• Edited by Mr_徐 Monday, November 7, 2016 12:28 PM
    Monday, November 7, 2016 12:28 PM
  • Hi Mr_xu,

According to your description, win7 clients seems haven't reported to WSUS server yet.

Then please do the following things on clients:

1. Run windows update troubleshooter, it may help solve general update issues;

2. Reset windows update components:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/971058

After doing the above, wait for a period of time, check if clients could report to the WSUS server.

After reporting, check for update again on clients, check if they can detect related updates since then.

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 8, 2016 2:46 AM
  • Hi Mr_xu,

Have you got any progress with your issue? Could the above replies be of help? If yes, please mark related reply as answer, if not feel free to feed back.

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 16, 2016 5:01 AM