none
Windows 10 GPO rollout issues.

Question

• I am currently trying to push out GPOs to windows 10 devices. They are current with updates and they are Windows 10 Pro x64 in a company environment with Server 2012 R2 as the server.

Windows 10 is saying that GPOs are successfully updating but they do not seem to change anything as simple as a background to as complicated as locking down computers as Kiosks. I have tested both new and already in place GPOs. All seem to work fine in Windows XP and Windows 7, but once we introduce Windows 10 this problem occurs.

I have 40 computers that need this resolved in about a week. I would appreciate any help you can give.

Thank you

Jack Stuper

Wednesday, January 4, 2017 2:51 PM

All replies

• Hi Jack,

first thing to check is on one of these problematic windows 10 machines is to generate gpresult in htm format and see what policies and settings are actually applied. what you see in that htm file means what settings are "read" successfully by this windows 10 machine. and we shall take it from there after you confirm.

to generate the htm file run this command on the windows 10 machine from elevated cmd window: 

gpresult /H  C:\logs\gpresult.htm

>> open the gpresult.htm and let us know what you have found there..

i'm assuming this step was not done.. if you have already done it then please share the result with us.

Thanks Mahmoud

Wednesday, January 4, 2017 3:28 PM
  • Hi,

I am checking how the issue going, if you still have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

And if the replies as above are helpful, we would appreciate you to mark them as answers, and if you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be greatly helpful to others who have the same question.

Appreciate for your feedback.

Best regards,

Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, January 10, 2017 7:35 AM