none
How to change the default calendar 'Standard' by a new calendar created by me? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I'm using Project Server 2010, and when I create a new Project the calendar assigned to this project by default is the Standard one. I would like to change that and configure the default one as a new calendar that I have created. Same happens when I create a Resource or a User, by default it assigns the Standard calendar and I have to change it to the new one. I know it is a small detail, but why I cannot make it automatic?

Is it possible to do that? Where I have to go to change this configuration?

Thank you for your help and regards,

José Espases

Thursday, April 18, 2013 8:23 AM

Answers

• Jose --

To make your custom calendar the default calendar for new projects, you will need to create a new enterprise project template, and specify the custom calendar in that project.  Then teach your users to create their new projects from that template.  Regarding resources, you must manually select a calendar other than the Standard calendar.  My question for you is why are you not using the Standard calendar in the first place?  If you would set up your company holidays and working schedule on the enterprise Standard calendar, that would solve all of your problems.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

• Marked as answer by José Espases Thursday, April 18, 2013 1:22 PM
    Thursday, April 18, 2013 12:04 PM

All replies

• Jose --

To make your custom calendar the default calendar for new projects, you will need to create a new enterprise project template, and specify the custom calendar in that project.  Then teach your users to create their new projects from that template.  Regarding resources, you must manually select a calendar other than the Standard calendar.  My question for you is why are you not using the Standard calendar in the first place?  If you would set up your company holidays and working schedule on the enterprise Standard calendar, that would solve all of your problems.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

• Marked as answer by José Espases Thursday, April 18, 2013 1:22 PM
    Thursday, April 18, 2013 12:04 PM
  • Hi Dale,

yes, you are right but, you know, the new calendar was already created and all the actual resources were already assigned to the new one, I was thinking that the best way was to put this one as the default one, and now you confirmed me that there is no option to change that.

Thank you for the other answer regarding the project, this one will be useful.

Regards,

José Espases

Thursday, April 18, 2013 1:25 PM
  • Jose --

You are more than welcome for the help, my friend!  :)

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Thursday, April 18, 2013 3:33 PM