none
Printer Driver was Not Installed Unable to Find a Core Driver Package Site ??

Question

• Hi Everyone, 

I have a customer who has a Xerox WorkCentre 5890 which is currently installed on a server and shared out .. Normally you just browse out the server double click and it installs , but this I got the following error .. "Printer Driver was Not Installed Unable to Find a Core Driver Package Site" .. 

I have checked add / remote programs and found no other printer let along Xerox installed .. I have even tried logging into the computer in question as the admin and same error .. I even ran chkdsk, tried to install it by ip address, downloaded the latest drivers from Xerox and every single time I get that error .. 

The funny part is its only this one computer that is giving me the trouble , all the other computers it install fine with now trouble .. I have ran windows update and all the updates are installed, its running SP1 .. vaild copy of windows .. 

So i am at a lose other ran doing a wipe and reinstall .. Any thoughts ??

Tuesday, September 29, 2015 3:34 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Firstly, please go through the steps mentioned in the link and check:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/printer-problems-in-windows-help

If the issue still persists, uninstall the printer and remove the previous failed installation files completely. Also uninstall if any other printer software installed on the computer. And then download and install the right drivers for your Printer from Manufacturer’s website.

Remove printer driver

===============

1. Click the Start Button, type PRINTER in the search box and press Enter.

2. Right click on the related printer and choose Remove Device.

3. Click the Start the Button, type APPWIZ.CPL in the Search box and press ENTER to launch "Programs and Features".

4. Try to uninstall all related printer software and utilities.

5. Restart the computer.

Moreover, please try to add the printer and manually install the driver in Clean Boot to check if it works properly.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Allen Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, October 1, 2015 2:52 PM