none
Project Server 2013 Team Assignment Pool RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I tried using Team Assignment today in project Server 2013. I assigned a few tasks from the team task to myself and it doesn't seem to show in the 'Tasks' list - I am referring to project server task list not Newsfeed task list.

Has something changed in 2013 with regards to team assignment pool?

Thanks

SJ

Friday, March 7, 2014 5:38 PM

Answers

• Team Resources are an "Interesting" feature of the Project Server solution - you need to have a Generic Resource that represents each Team. The Team Resource Field Lookup table should be populated with suitable values and ideally you have a Team for each team name listed in the look up table. An individual resource can belong to more than one team but a Generic Team Resource should only be a member of the Team that it represents and it should be the Assignment Pool.

People who belong to a Team where tasks have been assigned to the Team Resource can in theory "Self-Assign Team Tasks" - Microsoft call this "Cafeteria Working" or self-service.

The following is based upon my memory of this feature in Project Server 2010 and I have not tested it for Project Server 2013. In order to be able to "Self-Assign Team Tasks" a Resource needs to be a member of the Team ON THE PROJECT where the Team Assignments have been created.

If a user "Self-Assigns Team Tasks" this change needs to be approved by the Project Manager or the Status Manager of the Assignments before the "volunteer" can start updating progress on such tasks.

HTH

Dominic Moss MAPM, MCTS, MCITP, MCT
    Wellingtone PM News
    Wellingtone EPM Site
    Wellingtone PM Recruitment

• Marked as answer by SJ_PPM Thursday, May 15, 2014 5:21 PM
    Thursday, March 20, 2014 4:40 PM

All replies

• Hello SJ,

These task must be waiting for approval. Please request project manager to review the approvals (under Approvals.aspx) and accept these task reassignment requests. The tasks will show up under my tasks once PM approves it and publish the plan.

Thank you,
    Kiran K.

• Proposed as answer by Kiran Khanvilkar Tuesday, March 11, 2014 5:41 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by SJ_PPM Tuesday, March 18, 2014 2:03 PM
    Friday, March 7, 2014 10:14 PM
  • Hi Kiran,

Thank you for your response.

Assigning a task from team assignment pool doesn't work like that. Unless it has changed - has it?

Let me check and get back to you.

Kind regards,

SJ

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 2:05 PM
  • Team Resources are an "Interesting" feature of the Project Server solution - you need to have a Generic Resource that represents each Team. The Team Resource Field Lookup table should be populated with suitable values and ideally you have a Team for each team name listed in the look up table. An individual resource can belong to more than one team but a Generic Team Resource should only be a member of the Team that it represents and it should be the Assignment Pool.

People who belong to a Team where tasks have been assigned to the Team Resource can in theory "Self-Assign Team Tasks" - Microsoft call this "Cafeteria Working" or self-service.

The following is based upon my memory of this feature in Project Server 2010 and I have not tested it for Project Server 2013. In order to be able to "Self-Assign Team Tasks" a Resource needs to be a member of the Team ON THE PROJECT where the Team Assignments have been created.

If a user "Self-Assigns Team Tasks" this change needs to be approved by the Project Manager or the Status Manager of the Assignments before the "volunteer" can start updating progress on such tasks.

HTH

Dominic Moss MAPM, MCTS, MCITP, MCT
    Wellingtone PM News
    Wellingtone EPM Site
    Wellingtone PM Recruitment

• Marked as answer by SJ_PPM Thursday, May 15, 2014 5:21 PM
    Thursday, March 20, 2014 4:40 PM