having audio troubles RRS feed

• Question

• I have had a whale of a time loading audio drivers in both vista 64 and windows 7...I have a Asus m4a78 plus...I also bought a sound card as a work around...got it to work in vista...but have had all kinds of problems in windows 7...it is the rocketfish 5.1 card.....can any body help me....and yes I downloaed the current drives from both asus and from rocketfish......HELP...............really want to run the audio from the motherboard...
    thanks
    Tuesday, July 28, 2009 3:43 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for posting in Microsoft TechNet Forum.

Can your computer detect the sound card in Device Manager? Generally, if the computer can't install device drivers, it can be related to either device driver or motherboard version. I recommend that you update your BIOS and make sure that your motherboard supports these audio devices in Windows 7. To do this, please refer to Asus site to obtain the latest BIOS.

M4A78 PLUS

http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?modelname=M4A78 PLUS&SLanguage=en-us  

Note: we provide this third party link for downloading related driver. There may be some changes without notice, Microsoft doesn't guarantee the security in this website.

By the way, it is also recommended to check hardware compatibility in Windows 7 Hardware Check Site.

Hope this helps. Thanks.

Dale Qiao

• Marked as answer by Dale Qiao Friday, July 31, 2009 2:49 AM
    Thursday, July 30, 2009 7:14 AM