none
AppV 5 Client Configuration - Publishing Refresh Error 0x80190190 RRS feed

• Question

• I am running "Sync-AppvPublishingServer -ServerId 1" from power shell 

I am Following these instructions: http://blogs.technet.com/b/virtualvibes/archive/2012/11/08/installing-and-configuring-the-app-v-5-0-client-with-publishing-server.aspx

I have an app published with the publishing server

I have tried this command from the machine that is the publishing server and from the domain controller, and get the same error below:

I am getting the following error below: 

PS C:\Users\administrator.TEST> Sync-AppvPublishingServer -ServerId 1
    Sync-AppvPublishingServer : Application Virtualization Service failed to complete requested operation.
    Operation attempted: RefreshPublishingServer.
    Windows Error: 0x80190190 -
    Error module: Publishing. Internal error detail: 45500D2780190190.
    Please consult AppV Client Event Log for more details.
    At line:1 char:1
    + Sync-AppvPublishingServer -ServerId 1
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : InvalidResult: (:) [Sync-AppvPublishingServer], ClientException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : RefreshPublishingServerError,Microsoft.AppV.AppvClientPowerShell.SyncAppvPublishingServe
       r

Thursday, April 11, 2013 3:46 PM

Answers

• Hi All,

In my case it was a Kerberos issue. After adding the following two keys it was working:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\HTTP\Parameters]
    "MaxFieldLength"=dword:0000fffe
    "MaxRequestBytes"=dword:01000000

See KB 2020943 for details

Friday, December 6, 2013 10:07 AM

All replies

• I am running "Sync-AppvPublishingServer -ServerId 1" from power shell 

I am Following these instructions: http://blogs.technet.com/b/virtualvibes/archive/2012/11/08/installing-and-configuring-the-app-v-5-0-client-with-publishing-server.aspx

I am getting the following error below:

PS C:\Users\administrator.TEST> Sync-AppvPublishingServer -ServerId 1
    Sync-AppvPublishingServer : Application Virtualization Service failed to complete requested operation.
    Operation attempted: RefreshPublishingServer.
    Windows Error: 0x80190190 -
    Error module: Publishing. Internal error detail: 45500D2780190190.
    Please consult AppV Client Event Log for more details.
    At line:1 char:1
    + Sync-AppvPublishingServer -ServerId 1
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : InvalidResult: (:) [Sync-AppvPublishingServer], ClientException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : RefreshPublishingServerError,Microsoft.AppV.AppvClientPowerShell.SyncAppvPublishingServe
       r

Try This link 

How to troubleshoot publishing server refresh failures in App-V v5

an another person had same problem in last see this Topic

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/mdopappv/thread/eb998be3-0915-4d7a-96af-7249c139276a/

Dear Problems ,You May Big But My God Is Bigger.

Thursday, April 11, 2013 3:53 PM
  • thanks will do..
    Thursday, April 11, 2013 3:55 PM
  • Also post the output from the Get-AppVClientConfiguration cmdlet.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com | The Definitive Guide to Delivering Microsoft Office with App-V

Thursday, April 11, 2013 5:20 PM
  • Name                                    Value                                                          SetByGroupPolicy
    ----                                    -----                                                          ----------------
    PackageInstallationRoot                 %programdata%\App-V                                   False
    PackageSourceRoot                                                                                                 False
    LocationProvider                                                                                                      False
    AutoLoad                                1                                                                               False
    EnablePackageScripts                    0                                                                       False
    ReestablishmentInterval                 5                                                                      False
    ReestablishmentRetries                  3                                                                      False
    CertFilterForClientSsl                  LOCAL_MACHINE\MY\1.3.6.1.5.5.7.3.2                 False
    VerifyCertificateRevocationList         1                                                                     False
    SharedContentStoreMode                  0                                                                  False
    MigrationMode                           0                                                                           False
    RoamingFileExclusions                                                                                            False
    RoamingRegistryExclusions               SOFTWARE\CLASSES                                                          False
    AllowHighCostLaunch                     0                                                                         False
    IntegrationRootUser                     %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\AppV\Client...                                   False
    IntegrationRootGlobal                   %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Microsoft\AppV\Cli...                                   False
    VirtualizableExtensions                 exe,com,bat,cmd,vbs,ps1,cpl,jar,wsf,...                                   False
    ReportingEnabled                        0                                                                         False
    ReportingStartTime                                                                                                False
    ReportingRandomDelay                                                                                              False
    ReportingInterval                                                                                                 False
    ReportingServerURL                                                                                                False
    ReportingDataCacheLimit                                                                                           False
    ReportingDataBlockSize                                                                                            False
    ExperienceImprovementOptIn              0                                                                         False
    Monday, April 15, 2013 6:42 PM
  • when I try to:

Step 5: Verify the Publishing Server URL is accessible using a web browser

On the App-V client, access the publishing server URL (e.g., http://PubSvr:82/) using a web browser. If the publishing server is working properly and is accessible, an XML output will be displayed which lists the applications published on the Publishing Server:

I get:

Bad Request - Invalid Hostname

HTTP Error 400. The request hostname is invalid.

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 4:16 PM
  • Hello,

Can you ping the server?

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 5:27 PM
  • yes.. this is from the server locally

also in the publishing folder I see these files:

Not sure what if this is what is supposed to be in the folder?

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 5:42 PM
  • Hello,

I would reinstall all server components and reverify that you have followed the documentation.

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 6:13 PM
  • What files should I be seeing here? 

I had a hard time getting the 81:console to load before so I am a bit nervous about uninstalling and re installing 

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 6:37 PM
  • I think I am going to start all over from scratch.. with a new server. (2012)

Where can I find the most up to date docs?

thx

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 7:13 PM
  • Hello,

TechNet has the most update documentation;

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj713418.aspx

Wednesday, April 17, 2013 7:34 AM
  • Thanks!
    Thursday, April 18, 2013 2:11 PM
  • Hi All,

In my case it was a Kerberos issue. After adding the following two keys it was working:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\HTTP\Parameters]
    "MaxFieldLength"=dword:0000fffe
    "MaxRequestBytes"=dword:01000000

See KB 2020943 for details

Friday, December 6, 2013 10:07 AM