none
error code Recovery RRS feed

• Question

• I keep getting this error code  : Recovery there was a problem with a device connected to your pc,

error code OxcOOOOOe9...this problem can happen when a removable storage,etc

I did plug a removable storage to my pc and it made the screen go black and I believe there were

many viruses on the drive, my pc than began to move real slow as I tried to restore with no avail

I than tried to install an enterprise build from the insider program...than I now just get a blue screen with

the above error, what do I do to fix this ?

Sunday, September 8, 2019 8:50 AM

All replies

• Possible disk problem. Make sure that your disk works properly.

- Boot into Safe Mode.

- Open Command Prompt in elevated/admin mode(click Start, type CMD, simultaneously press Ctrl Shift Enter keys)

- In the CMD prompt window, type chkdsk /f /r hit Enter.

- Press Y on your keyboard.

Note: Disk check will start the next time you boot your PC and it might take some time to complete.

If chkdsk completes and you are still getting the 0xc00000e9 error then the disk has failed and needs to be replaced.

Obinna C. Onwusobalu ~ MCSA MCTS MCITP

It's all fun and games until someone divides by zero.

windowshelper.home.blog

Sunday, September 8, 2019 12:43 PM
  • Hi, 

The issue occur when you use removable storage and the issue disappear after unplug the removable storage, right?

The error code 0xc00000e9 is generally because your computer can’t communicate with the hard drive.

Try to unplug the disk and reboot computer normally. Then update your drivers manually by going to the manufacturer’s website and searching for the most recent correct driver.

Or we could use chkdsk command as Obinna said to repair it. 

If the issue persists at last, should be replaced with a new one.

Bests, 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 10, 2019 8:19 AM
  • Hi,

Haven't received your message a few days, was your issue resolved? 

I am proposing previous helpful replies as "Answered". Please feel free to try it and let me know the result. If the reply is helpful, please remember to mark it as answer which can help other community members who have same questions and find the helpful reply quickly.

Bests,

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 7:46 AM
  • Hi,

We would like to know if those replies in your thread is helpful for your issue. If yes, we are appreciate if you could mark useful replies an answer.

Bests,

Tuesday, October 1, 2019 9:23 AM