How can I import data from SQL 2008 into WSS3? RRS feed

• Question

• I've got some old ASP reference pages that a previous colleague at my company wrote that pulls some read-only data from an SQL database.  He left and no one else knows ASP.  Over the course of the last 7 or so years I've been able (through a lot of luck) to modify the ASP pages as the SQL server changed, however as of this last change we made my luck ran out.  

What we would like to do is integrate these reference pages with WSS3.  (We hope to have Foundation 2010 at some point but management keeps putting off the purchase of new servers to run it.)  So is there some way that we can, within WSS3, do a call to an SQL database to pull info from the database?

I've found http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint-designer-help/add-a-database-as-a-data-source-HA010100908.aspx and was able to create the connection to the database.  Where the disconnect seems to be is getting the info from the database into the list view.

• Moved by Hemendra AgrawalModerator Friday, December 28, 2012 2:33 AM as poster mentioned wss 3 (From:SharePoint 2010 - General Discussions and Questions)
    Thursday, December 27, 2012 10:14 PM